I'm 3 missions away from finishing HotS. What is LotV like?

I disagree with TBO, apocalypse is upon us

2 Likes

I’m oddly jealous. I wish I could go back and experience things fresh again. SC2 campaign is easily one of my favorite single player experiences of all time.

Regarding Legacy - it’s really fun, but a big difficulty jump after HOTS. Play it on Brutal - it’s a lot of fun.

Also…don’t panic if you think the ending is weak. Go and check the campaign select screen. Not saying more than that.

1 Like

Juxta & Kelthar:

Another sample size of n=1 of people who think Kerrigan was undeservedly shoehorned into the hero role.

SC2 tries so hard to be epic but then does goofy & wacky things like this or the WoL news casts, that the tone is super consistent and out of whack.

It’s better if you just treat the game like a parody instead of a serious attempt at storytelling.

Pick one of three options in between missions to pick your comps.

He said he’s won WoL on Brutal.

I have faith, he’d have figured that out.

Yeah, but he also likes WoL, so… whaddya know?

So let’s be honest, he seems to be “my type” thus far.

Although it’s too soon to call that, since we haven’t talked about Haven and V yet.

1 Like

That’s fine. It’s just annoying having my well thought out arguments dismissed on here as if I’m just a single lone malcontent when in reality a bunch of people have independently come to the same conclusion about Kerrigan.

I mean, we know it’s not true, because … well, Mar agrees with you in a lot of stuff, he’s just putting the war face on only if it is really needed. He’s not gonna go full Sword of Mengsk on Kelthar.

RC agrees with you in many aspects.

TBO agrees with you in some aspects, he’s just way nicer than you :P. TBO is a unicorn and he should be cherished.

I agree with you in some aspects, but hey we are not here to circleje^k. Unless it’s Haven because oh boy I sure appreciate help with bringing all the unholy might and divine fury on those who like Safe Haven.

I mean Bart is basically you, but Terran in some stuff.

2 Likes

Not everyone has to agree with me. Understanding my side of the argument would be good enough.

Kelthar 2 weeks ago:

Are all critics really just being silly & subjective or is it possible that the writers failed to convey the version of canon that makes total sense that Kelthar/Juxta say was conveyed?

Mar doesn’t really come here to debate people, which is nice, but I do. :man_shrugging:

Oh yeah, how so? And what does “being Terran” mean in this case?

Rough around the edges, holding your ground at all cost types. There are obvious differences, but you two obviously got some alignment.

Being Terran means what it says on the tin. Gradius is Protoss fan, you are Terran fan (except Umoja).

1 Like

Eh. I mean our agreement to disagreement was something along the lines of me not giving that much of a [Removed] and just liking what I like and throwing stuff I don’t behind me and you being like “he doesn’t mind it, but at least he knows some of it’s trash”.

But let’s be honest, I am kind of flexible in this kind of stuff in general. Not sure you and Kelthar share this trait.

1 Like

So basically we are knucklehead jerks. Won’t pass judgement on Gradius as I do not know him too well yet, but it’s a fair assessment on my part.

And yeah, Terrans rule.

1 Like

You’re wrong, Brother. Protoss is the best!

3 Likes

Mess with the best and die like the rest.

1 Like

I finished HotS today guys! Man, it was so awesome!! I really like Kerrigan’s last line: “I have forsaken everything, my identity, my humanity, the man I love and now it’s time to face the true enemy who’s hiding in the void”

Can’t wait to play LotV as well. But I’m not gonna play it too soon. I’m gonna have a waiting period, I’ll probably play it in a couple of months from now.

I love how Kerrigan being in the Zerg form still has control over her consciousness and realizes that she is on the “good side”, while before in SC1 she was blinded by Amon’s influence and wanted to take over the entire Universe, which explains why she killed so many innocent (RIP Fenix, Matriarch, Aldaris…) though she can’t leave the Swarm, because she has to face an even greater enemy.

I can’t wait to play with Zeratul. It’s such a badass character.

BTW guys, when did Alexei Stukov get infested? I thought he was killed in BroodWar? Anyways seems like a really cool character, both in personality and to play with.

2 Likes

Well, get ready to never see him again.

And it doesn’t bother you that she starts a war and destroys a bunch of civilian planets wholesale for petty revenge? That’s pretty equivalent to her behavior in brood war.

Yeah, that’s true though. I kinda felt like that when she decided to go into the primal spawning pool when she got into the chrysalis again. Like, she literally did this just for revenge. But then on the other side of the coin, maybe what she did was really what had to be done. I remember when Jim Raynor was having the visions from Zeratul in WoL. In one of the visions he saw how the Xel’Naga took over everything and only Protoss survived to face them, but they got destroyed as well. And then when it’s all over Zeratul realizes that Kerrigan was the key to destroy them but in that vision Kerrigan was likely dead. Perhaps if Kerrigan didn’t get that petty revenge and the primal powers, she’d have been killed by Arcturus. So, perhaps it was a “kill or be killed” situation. But I do agree that there have been a lot of unnecessary losses to get where she wanted.

Wasn’t Raynor’s whole thing about being who we choose to be? The who prophecy thing didn’t really leave wiggle room for that, now did it?