If you were to choose only 2 commanders among all

which 2 most favorite commanders you choose if only 2 are allow for you?

2 Likes

My mains remain Swann and Karax. This answer is true regardless if it’s with prestige, or pre-prestige. For me, fun factor reigns here.

I will acknowledge that I’d be shut out of many Brutations since I tend to turn to Zagara for that (P0 at first, but P1 after Prestige got introduced).

1 Like

For me it’d be Raynor and Fenix, suppose I’ve got an attachment to black sheep.

Zagara and Abathur. One beefy, one swarmy. Handle anything thrown their way.

Alarak and Artanis. Protoss all the way.

2 Likes

Dehaka - who doesn’t love playing Godzilla
Nova - so many good ways to play

1 Like

Tychus or Zeratul. I know that’s pretty basic, yet at the very least I’d be able to change it up a bit, in representing a good portion of the races – and being effective towards whatever is thrown at me, on top of being courteous towards a weaker ally. In a more ideal world there’d be extra room for Fenix or Dehaka lol.

1 Like

Kerrigan - One of the best hero units, excellent mobility due to Omega Worms as well as great team support via Assimilation Aura and Malignant creep.

Karax - Versatile playstyle options available now through the 3 different prestiges, though my main reason would be P2 for the quickest and strongest Golden Armada available with so much HP and self healing. Also good team support through faster production and upgrades which help ramp everyone up but especially slower commanders.

2 Likes

Alarak and Mengsk. I main Alarak, and Mengsk is one of my off-commanders. I enjoy playing both.

2 Likes

Swann for sure. A whole bunch of play styles ranging from simple Goliath spam, intense herc/tank micro, the Grant turret style, wraith sniping, and even factory floating for drill vision. He’s may not be the best at mutations, but he’s very reliable and is actually fairly mutator resistant. Plus I’ve literally had people at the beginning of matches criticize me for picking Swann, and while none have ever apologized, it’s still great getting to the score screen and seeing I had more kills, more objective score, and I still used my warbots to lure the enemy into my ally’s Abathurs toxic nests.

Second would be Mengsk. Once again tons of options, ESPECIALLY with his varied prestiges. Creeping defenses forward with bunkers that also serve as supply, Earthsplitters, awesome royal guard ranging from the simple yet effective Aegis Guard, to the micro intensive Shadow Stalker. All this combined with powerful calldowns and the ability to increase yours and your ally’s attack speed with blimps really gives him tons of options. Personally I prefer his P3, but all of them give different play styles.

1 Like

Swann and Kerrigan. My two favorites.

1 Like

Stukov, Zeratul. Stukov is for casual play. Zeratul is for try hard play.

Out of the free commanders I guess Kerrigan is what I would prefer.

1 Like

Kerrigan and Fenix.

There is nothing like covering whole map with creep, as a Zerg player I bring true meaning of swarm controlling a world.

As far as Fenix is concerned. Throw down with the best of them.
No tech requirements, Protoss heroism at it’s best, and Fenix as most beautiful Dragoon of all times (anihilating 10 BCs on his own).

2 Likes

Karax and Mengsk, I play them more often than I should.

4 Likes

Nova and Fenix. Hard to leave Stukov out but yeah, that tight ghost suit and my personal SC hero are hard to beat.

2 Likes

Two is too difficult. But if it were for the commanders I played the most often I think it would be Zagara and Nova.

1 Like

Tough question. I love versatile commanders who can support teammates, and there are several of them.

Currently, H&H offers my favorite play style. They got mag traps, buff, debuff, unlimited range bombardment, and capable of reinforcing right on the battlefield. Mengsk has similar styles but his RGs require more build up outside of P2, and his ESO isn’t as accurate as Horner’s planes, requires manning, takes up more space, and has a distance limit. His stronger AoE CD made up for it though, so I play two commanders interchangeably.

On the flip side, Abathur is the only commander whom I actively uses all of its units regardless of mission and enemy compositions. Its arsenal truly feels like a Zerg; you battle not just one or two type of units but a whole hive. My only complaint about him is that it only has two CDs, but it doesn’t need more. I had a game last night where my H&H and teammate’s Abathur camping all spawning pts with Mag/Nests, it was glorious.

I think my two commanders would be H&H and Abathur. Another potential pair would be Fenix+Karax.

If I can only pick ONE, it’s be Mengsk.

1 Like

Tough call but overall in terms of interesting prestiges and playstyles I would have to say Artanis and Alarak.

Though Zeratul is up there I can’t include him because his P2 is annoying to play especially when you get a map where you can’t farm the artifact, or the enemy comp is disruptors…

Edit: You know what? I change my answer to Alarak and Mengsk.

1 Like

Dehaka as my favorite CO is so much fun. Although I don’t really capitalize on his prestiges and play p0 mostly, I love to have the super early game power, I always enjoy collecting essence and leveling to 15 and there is nothing quite satisfying as jumping into a zerg attack wave and blowing them all to bits instantly by devouring an Infestor.

Karax second. Tough choice. I don’t really enjoy playing Karax in particular, but with his prestiges he’s pretty versatile. His static D negates so many mutators and for casual brutal games his p2 is actually fun, especially mass reclaiming with energizers and frontlining, charging, death cheating zealots.

2 Likes

Dehaka and Stetmann.

Dehaka for regular brutal games, his speed and brute force is so satisfying and i really enjoy getting better and i have learned so much about the maps and different enemy comps just from playing him and Abathur. Also his playstyle is very high risk, high reward in the early game.

P2 Stetmann for his raw power and incredible mutation versatility.

1 Like