If you have to resort to carriers to win

The only Thing i See on Twitch is you crying a Lot.
No there is currently Like No one in gm that cries about Carrier. Thats a past Thing. Like you know when protoss void Ray skytoss was a Thing. Right now we rarely See that Happen and Grandmaster Players rather cry about how “easy” protoss is in Terms of mechanics and protoss book of bullsh!t.

Crying about Carriers is a Low Level Thing only. On high Level they Just say its lame and easy to use but its very beatable. Its only hard to Beat at 25 Minutes plus. Before that you simply Go with a Low Tier anti Air unit of your choice and freaking Focus fire it down. What the f is the Problem man ? Your 3k mmr a$$ cant handle that ? Dude. I learned in gold how to use high templar. You will manage to use Focus fire in 3k despite being zerg. I promise. It aint hard.

Even Players Like hallo admit that they usually can Beat them down and its only a Problem If they reach critical Mass. Just select your Units then you Press a and press anywhere on the Screen. You will Hit the Carrier for sure because the hitbox of a Carrier is freaking huge you know ? Ever Focus fired some banelings and If you fail they instakill 20 Marines and you lose the Game ? Never Heard you crying about that. What a shocker. Change priority of banelings please :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yes, I played it. In desert strike the units move forward. In the ladder game I can move carriers back, after they release interceptors forcing all your units run after them.

Guarantee if you’re anything below low/mid diamond, your opponent that’s using carriers is just mindlessly a-moving them. I doubt they have a mixed army, and if they do, I doubt they can control it at a low level. Target fire is very easy.

no no, it is just as legitimate as every other strategy, BC etc

but is it something that should be strived for, lauded as being great, otherwise put if you have a crutch and your opponent doesn’t you are the one losing out, in the same sense of losing you (OP) mention but furthermore that you will not gain from this beyond a simple goal like a stat or league

like when you want to participate in all of the strategies instead of just to obtain mastery with a single strategy, you have more overall knowledge and skill

It is in some sense. Carriers are the reason that no one will go late game versus Protoss.

3 Likes

Duality of protoss players i guess. Cheesing/all in and going for lategame at the same time every game…
You are kidding no one.

You can thank sOs’s retirement for the lack of creativity from protoss.

yeah. hero didnt show us anything new, huh?

1 Like

Hero was away too so yeah, lose a few players and creativity goes. :chart_with_downwards_trend:

no for real this is a ridiculous thing.
vs carriers you are forced to target fire each individual carrier (EASY YEAH WE GET IT BRO U CAN MICRO ME TOO)

the problem is PROTOSS DOESN’T NEED TO MICRO - he can A move the carriers they will deploy on long range targets and carriers stop, not continue forward like overseers or medivacs.

this is requiring 0 micro skill from protoss, allowing all his APM to macro if he wanted.
he can even micro the carriers a bit extremly easily by moving them, since they are one of 2 units in the game that is capable of moving and shooting at the same time (cruisers are the second)

this is making them the absolute easiest unit in the game to control, while your opponent is forced to devote all of his apm into target firing the skyboats spitting out free units.

on top of all this carriers actually do an insane amount of damage, and as much as you all go on about how “balance only matters in pro level”
its ridiculous, because from bronze - platinum players are fully capable of fielding entire armies of all carriers.

not only does this work, it actually forces the opponent to form a COUNTER army to defeat carriers, because the single unit army composition is so powerful.

4 Likes

fix carriers by allowing them to continue moving forward after deploying Interceptors towards the point you designated them to attack.

this would be enough for me honestly because somebody a moving carriers into my base should absolutely be able to fall victim to lack of control on HIS OWN END, seeing as those carriers REQUIRE CONTROL to be destroyed.

this happens ALL THE TIME with medivacs or overseers, and is enough to cost terran or zerg the game.
its a bsasic part of controlling an army, and its something skytoss just doesn’t actually need to do
i suggest sky toss be required to also deal with this by having carriers moving forward ahead of the main army once interceptors are deployed if they aren’t being properly controlled.

1 Like

Oh i didnt know which era you meant. But right now He Shows us the way and Matches vs his protoss are Fun and creative.

1 Like

The only unit that can really attack while moving is the battle cruiser. The pheonix, mothership and carrier all forget what they where supposed to be targeting if you move them because protoss AI stinks when compared to terran.

Carriers are a Kahli engineering masterpiece.

That’s because Blizzard did a lot of complicated work on the Battlecruiser. The entire attack ability was replaced, and the Battlecruiser was given a variety of different effects and behaviors (buffs assigned to units) to set and preserve its targets.

It definitely would be nice if Phoenixes and the Mothership got the same treatment (I don’t know how feasible it is for Carriers), but I can see why the devs wouldn’t expend the effort outside of an explicit unit redesign.

1 Like

I didn’t bring up cheese. Protoss has many clear paths to Victory:
-Their own cheese/proxy
-Twilight Timing pushes
-Macro, etc, etc
-Eventual Crazy strong late game with moron proof/“I lost 6 fingers in a machine shop accident” proof ease of control

Terran has: 2 base all in timing

Try playing a game of rock, paper, scissors while you have a time delay to where your opponent sees your hand a half second early, lol.

Yeah i did because the General notion and General playstyle in Last years was Always some Kind of early protoss book of bs. It got fixed. Better defense in General and midgame pvz got fixed. But still many ladder protoss rely on cheese since the Race is much Harder to Play macro. Thats why i mocked your Statement. Most protoss Players dont want to Play lategame themselves and you act its because of the Other Player.

Even the whiniest whineterran Heromarine says He got No Problem to Play against lategame toss. Carriers can be countered with terran much easier than with zerg and in General terran lategame is pretty sick. Can Scan all day having Sensor Towers and a sick defense No one can Attack into. Also dont forget that both t3 Units of Terran easily Beat carrier and colossus. Only tempest is pretty dope but thats the kill Securing move when you actually won the Game but cant Finish because of Turtle terran (Hero vs maru Last Match).

Long Story short its a you Problem. Terran only having 2 Base all in is definetly Not true

The best Protoss player in the world ladies and gentlemen. https://youtu.be/S5BCaztYo9w?t=5599

So?
He messed up massively in 1 match out of 5 and lost. In the other 4 he outplayed maru and won.

If we playing these kind of games:

ohh look at the best terran in the world. scv pull into a base with sentries and shield bat while opponent already got blink stalkers.