If energy using units have no place in a rts game

then please start by removing the queen. It’s the quickest energy using unit any race can get, so it makes full sense to start there.

Wow. You’re copypasting rbt threads now? And I thought you were semi-reasonable.

orbital command comes way earlier than the queen…
and energy units come way back from sc1, so you would also want to rebalance sc1?

You play the game right? Because as far as i know orbitals aren’t units.

1 Like

Normally I wouldn’t chime in here but, I thought I should let you guys know that while you might think these are troll threads and anyone with half a brain could see that we have a bad map pool and a hilariously bad game design.

Blizzard isn’t smart enough to distinguish troll from truth so please.

1 Like

Problem with queen, you are massing one unit, which can defend every single build in the game. Every other race has to do specific counter to hold, but zerg is just massing queen against everything. It started to be so imba, since queen range buff, because zerg has free pass to lategame and can hold almost everything only with queens… Also queen can heal up to 500 hp on broodlord/ultralisk and it is after nerf, for cost of 150 minerals, queen is very strong lategame unit too. Queen is backbone for your broods, while heal up to 500 and yet you launch parasitic bomb and what terran has atm couple vikings… Yep energy units are stupid, because you trade energy for money, but if there was counter, it would reasonable still. Because like templars and ghosts sort of cancel each other out and it is not free usually, you will lose ghosts or templar. But units like swarmhosts, which generate free money over time and usually there is nothing you can do to punish that and they can move using cheap nydus are they are too fast so you cant catch them is broken as sh1t !!! Because you trade cooldown for money. Or vipers refiling energy over and over and trading energy for units which cost money. Energy units doesn’t have to be all bad, but they have to have weakness, if you could catch swarmhosts, because they would be slower and kill them if they are undefended it wouldn’t be that op, also nydus is too cheap atm, if you have to use nydus to transport them and it would be more expensive, it wouldn’t be that op. Still swarmhosts is worst designed unit in the game, probably should be deleted from the game, that would be best. Because even if there were some drawbacks, it is flawed by design. And still generates free money over time, which is imbalanced as hell. Only if launching locust cost energy like 25 per one wave, and infestor upgrade would increase energy of swarmhosts aswell, so you can’t launch infinitely endless waves, or launching wave of locust would cost like 5 minerals and 2 gas and locust would be slightly buffed. Still probably better to delete it, because depends when you use it and againt what, can be one time good and pay of and one time disaster…