If ally abandons game, should we get double EXP if won?

its getting common nowadays, I think if your ally quit the game midway for whatever reason, we should get the double EXP should we decided to continue the game. totally waste of time to built your base before that, any thought? and i wonder what’s the reason they abandon game midway or starting of the game?

1 Like

In theory, you should get double XP. In practice, you we wouldn’t want it that way because if it really did work that way, people would farm XP by starting games, and then quitting immediately

FWIW, you do get possession of all their resources they had, will get, and control of their units and structures (but no Top Bar/Panel unless there’s a workaround :\ )

For start of game, there are several:
–They choose the wrong settings… wrong CO, wrong map, thought they were on regular but did Mutation and vice versa
–Random Mission yielded a map they hate
–bad internet

For midway:
–They had to leave
Someone on Reddit posted that she’s a different person. Her son was the one he was playing, but she sent him to bed, and figured she’ll jump in and over that last game.

I myself played a game at a public venue, and forgot they were going to close before I could finish my game (FWIW, I queued up a bunch of stuff at the last minute and apologized before signing off)

–bad internet
For many days in a row, I would lose internet intermittedly. For surfing and streaming, it’s fine to just pick up at a later time. For a game mode like this, you get booted. ISP didn’t did something, or nothing? I dunno. They said they couldn’t fix it, but I ended up not having that problem anymore

–regret
They probably shouldn’t have even started the game, but went ahead with it anyways. Midgame, they figure they may as well just cut their losses

3 Likes

good analysis but i still think the player who decided to solo out the game should get higher EXP afterall it is a tougher game, i strongly believe that most people quit half way is because they think they cant win.

1 Like

No double exp, leeches are already getting too much to begin with.
Or maybe a bonus (maybe not double) of exp for people playing in Casual with an ally that quit, but not getting the exp from the other difficulty level if it’s not casual.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea in theory, until jerks realize they can get double EXP by immediately attacking their ally to make them rage quit.

2 Likes

Not to mention just teaming up with yourself on a different account (which is free), then quitting one of them.

2 Likes

The extra EXP rewarded only for auto system matchmaking mode, but not in “Party” mode maybe?

1 Like

Similarly to what was mentioned earlier, anything that could promote backstabbing wouldn’t be a good feature.

5 Likes

Only way I see it could have done well is if the other player had dropped due to connection issues, since unless there’s some fancy hacky stuff going on there wouldn’t be a way to get your partner to lose internet.

Regular “I don’t/can’t play anymore” just wouldn’t mesh well with some people trying to get the other to leave.

1 Like

Maybe instead of double XP, player gets a my condolences fruit basket mailed to them. To save on costs it could just be a picture of a fruit basket and they could use email.

I’d love to have that. Too many people quick at the beginning.

I think he means that the only player who gets double EXP is the person in the game, so if the second player left, they would only get the regular amount of EXP. Maybe this second player should get 1/2 EXP, and the other 1/2 goes to the player who soloed the mission?

Double exp due to a rage quitter is easily exploited in many ways. Instead, rage quitters should get level penalty, like say all their commanders lose 5 levels everytime they quit. Sure people might say, “What if I got a power outage or my internet dc.”, in those case, tough luck.

you should get double xp if your ally got 0 kills, but stayed the entire match without leaving. When your ally actually does leave that’s not harder, in fact a lot of the time its easier without an ally and double resources.

It’s an instant expansion with already produced workers at the snap of your finger (aka when they leave). It is absolutely easier.

Basically, if a player is saying it is harder… they are saying that ‘they are playing as have always been’, then boom a boost came (when ally left), then all of a sudden it was harder? Makes 0 sense.

It is not harder, it is simply said player didn’t know how to play at all. He/she expected their ally to cover their lack of skill. And when their ally left and therefore can’t cover, thus ‘it got HARDER’.

This is grossly elitist and doesn’t account for many factors, player skill only being one of them.

Playing at a difficulty that is challenging in coop implies that you don’t automatically have a spare 50% APM to develop a second economy and build the units required to fend off early waves or achieve required objectives.

Secondly, even if you have the necessary mechanical abilities to macro your way out of the situation being able to come up with a new build order to suit your 2 commander economy on the spot is not a walk in the park as it is commander specific and map specific.

Finally, this situation requires knowledge of your allies commander and missing out on the allies top bar can sway this against you a lot.

4 Likes

Thing is, even brutal coop is designed where waves and enemy bases can be easily dealt with only one player. Granted, 2 players playing very well can do both at the same time, but having a super powered army out under one players control earlier in the game allows you to steam roll that much faster. And if you lose your army, no biggie since you’ll have the resources to max out again.

If you could pull your half of the mission in the first place, double resources will make the whole mission easier.

I think it’s very biased of you to make statements like that. Honestly, anyone agreeing with you should take a hard look in-wards on projecting biases.

Nowhere did I imply the ‘alone player’ had to (as you listed):

1. Magically gain 50% APM to develop a 2nd economy and build units.
  2. Magically gain a new build order.
  3. Magically be endowed with unfamiliar CO’s indepth gameplay knowledge.

I did however only mention a simple fact:

• When ally leaves, at a minimum (with 0 work on the alone-player), you gain a free expansion with 12 workers that gathers for you for free for the rest of the game.

It is also just a fact that if this player feels things got harder, it is exactly because they were meant to be able to handle any incoming waves by themselves. This is the literal design of coop on Brutal… that’s why there are lots of solo runs on YouTube and other platforms.

Nowhere did I mention this player had to magically gain this solo-skill set, on the fly. There is nothing ‘elitist’ about my comment or what is being discussed. That is this ‘supposed difficulty’ only came about a clearly unprepared player playing on Brutal. That is a learning curve to be learned and had, which drive them to be better is all.

All of that come to the conclusion to support why ‘double exp’ is entirely unnecessary when ally leaves…

spock would approve that is sound logic