Idea for SC3: Coop Commanders

Was just thinking of the possibility of SC3 and Coop itself…and by some odd extension Overwatch (2): Port commanders over from now (SC2) to whatever coop would be present for SC3! Because why not.

Hate to break it to you, but there won’t be a StarCraft 3. Blizzard themselves said that SC2 was the end of the SC line, and I’m 90% sure that most of the team that worked on StarCraft before have jumped from the sinking ship that is Activision Blizzard.

1 Like

Y’all crushing his dreams, stop it!

Don’t be too hasty! There could absolutely be an outsourced StarCraft mobile game in the near future!! and they will get on stage and reassure us that it totally is StarCraft 3!!

I would rather another company buy the Starcraft IP than have Starcraft III be made by Activision.

1 Like

I’m surprised Sc2 went on as long as it did. AFAIK, it’s amongst the last of the RTS games out there that isn’t a Blizzard title. Best I can come up with is perhaps some remake or actual sequel in the Command & Conquer series.

I haven’t played Coop for a long while, so I’m not really starved for content. The main worry is if the player base dies off, but AFAIK, we should have another year or 2 before that becomes an issue.

Another avenue is I’ve only played the WoL campaign. I can always check out the ones for HotS, LotV, and Nova.

Every time you start the app, you hear an Immortal say “I have returned!:smiley:

Can you kindly stop being such a Negative Nancy? SC3 will happen broski.

If Blizzard is willing to sell the Starcraft title and assets off to Dream Haven or Frost Giant I suppose it is possible.

If there is a SC3 it won’t be Blizzard. They’ve chosen a more profitable business model.

1 Like

There will be an SC3, SC3:Go the mobile card collecting game.

There’s some poking around still, Iron Harvest came out last year, AoE 4 is starting to look like it’s coming this year. Its spawns like dota-likes and stuff like Factorio are doing pretty well.

Really what we need is a renaissance of classic style rts, in the vein of what the recent Doom did for classic shooters.

Calling it now, it’s gonna basically be the same as the C&C mobile game. And they’ll try to pitch it as a return to form somehow.

That’s probably going to crush my dreams much quicker than no SC3 at all; I already lost Command and Conquer because EA thought they could make it into some odd MOBA-RTS hybrid (scarier than the Zerg-Protoss hybrids) and then they try to shoehorn the game into phones and call it “RTS”.

1 Like