Idea for a building upgrade for Swann

Not so much a mission discussion but just a thought for Swann. In my opinion they should give Swann access to a planetary fortress’s especially since they gave Raynor access to orbitals. since Swann is heavily focused on turrets and mechanical units, I feel that the planetary fortress would be a good addition

Yes and no.

Yes b/c, why not?

No b/c, I’ve gotten used to him without it. I’d much rather it go to another CO (and by extension, wish we could’ve gotten more of them :\ )

The idea of giving Swann Planetary Fortress has floated since his release, so you’re not alone in that sentiment. At this point though it just won’t happen at all, neither the addition to Swann nor the inclusion of PF to another CO.

I’d love to be proven wrong though, mind you :joy: .

Planetary Fortress will not benefit any of Swann current play styles.

I prefer they work on improving Swann’s prestiges.

1 Like

I still think he deserves to have access to Smart Servos, and High Impact Payload Thors.

1 Like

The only thing I would like change on Swann’s Thors is their movement speed. Maybe walk a little faster.

1 Like

I want their price reduced similar to Tanks. I believe it’s something like 150/125/3 for tanks while Thor is 300/200/6, give or take some memory loss on my part. Their effectiveness is at best similar to Swann’s tanks while their AA is next to negligible. Their slow mobility and body-blocking issue is highly overshadowed.

I feel like I can live with similarly Herc/Thor drops for similar effects while keeping Cyclone and Wraith as the fun mobile choices. Not that I mind fast Thors :joy:, they sound dope. As is, producing Thors is on the priciest end of Swann (and most of coop), as they take longer, cost a ton, and still need Science Vessels to support (which competes for gas). Adding to their slow speed and poor comparative damage, it makes the average player fail to use them effectively.

A slight reduction to 200/150 would ease this issue so so so much, imho.

Hell, I’d even settle for them only costing 4 supply each, since building what is essentially a supply depot per Thor is rough in the beginning. Having an SCV dedicated to depot building when you’re already strapped for cash and building up your macro is time consuming. Add on to the fact that you’re going to be following those Thor’s with SCV’s until you eventually get science vessels is even more minerals pumped into the getting them up and running machine.

Agreed, their cost is heavy all around. The 300/200/6 is already hefty enough but then when we look at all the things beneath that price tag…. Oof.

I personally wouldn’t give them high impact, or really even a cost decrease, cause both of those just make them compete more directly with the Goliath.

Rather, if they were given a worthy air splash then I think they’d have been a worthy addition.

I’d let them AA attack while moving (to reduce the body blocking.), havem act a little more like the Apocalisk.

Yeah, it’s tricky because thors are worse than tanks and goliaths in almost all situations. For goodness sake, goliaths out-dps thors vs light in both supply and cost comparison!

At least Mengsk’s thors have a seiged air mode that gives them some utility.

Don’t think that’s quite right as Thor’s do splash damage so against mass Oracle or zerg they can do very well. I’m a fan of Thor/Firebat against zerg just for the immortality protocol (which I max mastery in). Wish I was better at targeting their activated ability though.

Good point, as long as the enemy clumps and waits for the thors to arrive. :wink:
Seriously though, I wish thors excelled in some areas rather than just being slightly better in few cases. Perhaps adding a range upgrade, seige mode, and building damage bonus would help. Maybe even increase the air aoe to make them consistently better than gols vs light.

Herctank just wipes out the enemy before thors can even finish activating. :rofl:

Always good to roast some zerg.

Love the smell of roasted zerg in the morning.

Smells like victory.

I am ok with their pricing. They are multi-purpose, decent dps, tanker, have wave clearing ability and a very error-forgiving unit. You could make mistakes and the Thor(s) are still standing. Even if they die, you can use immortal protocol to bring them back.

I use Thors when dealing with banelings & scourge (without any science vessels). You could use barrage to take out burrowed zergs and incoming banelings. Once those threat are removed other enemy units are not a real threat.

They are also good tanks especially when dealing with reavers / disruptors.

And again I wish they could move a little faster.

Thorrion buggy transformation?

Thors on roller blades :sunglasses: