Iconic Line - "Where are you?"

Swann is one that immediately comes to mind.
Stukov is 50/50, as it depends upon your build and committing multiple topbars.
Vorazun probably can if you aren’t on P3. Shadow Guard last one hell of a long time.
Abathur is slow at doing it until you get your first UE.
Karax.

Mostly slower Commanders struggle. Swann and Karax lead the pack, the rest depend upon prestige, build, and willingness to commit topbar abilities to get the job done.

Maybe it’s me lately but here’s another Iconic Line:

Tell that to the Vespine Gsyer shortage

We’re 17.5min into Mist Opportunity, with me as P3 Nova [hero-only 12workers] clearing 95% of the waves (including the big spawn post Bot Wave 3), doing both Bonus clearances, and clearing every single part of enemy bases (short of final)… all before Bot Wave 4.

So I said courteously to my P1 Abby ally (who’s had plenty-o-biomass) + some, “you need more units… make even like 1 devourer (against Phoenix comp).

You know what he had when he said this? 7 Mutas, 4 Queens, a bunch of Roaches, 2/1 upgrades on ground and air… that is less than 1.5k gas total! (400gas/min on 2base, what the actual lol.) Where hath the gas gone :joy:. Sure, he’s level 13… but how does this change his gas income 17.5min into the game, where he didn’t have to fight??

The dude even gloated to me about how he won, after I left. And how I need to stop using OP prestige and not “trash talk”. What is it with people…

1 Like

I usually take my time even if I could speed ahead of my teammate. They play coop to enjoy it, so I support them on that.

1 Like

So by supporting them, you also deny people who go at other speeds their enjoyment.

This isn’t a situation where I’m losing my mind on the guy for not making units.

This is a situation where he clearly had all the time to make units. I suggested to make 1 devourer so his mutas and queens aren’t getting hard countered. He loses his marbles then gloat after in pm on how he did so well.

1 Like

If my teammate is quick, I’d then go at my speed. If they take their time, I slow myself to match theirs or pick up a little more duty. I’m not suggesting what your teammate did was savory, just stating how I personally handle situations like that; I keep my expectation low so there’s less annoyance.

Believe me when I say that I have seen my share of coop players.

There’s reasonable, then there’s :point_up_2: that. Gas rate on 2-base is ~400/min. Even if he saturated late at 10min, by 17.5 that is 7.5 x 400 = 3000gas. He has a total of 1500gas worth (and in replay 500 banked).

I’m not asking a noob to become a pro within 1 literal minute of the game. I just suggested to transform 1 of his 7 mutas into a devourer… and this is the bs I get.

The dude starts by claiming it’s his prestige… and I told him P1 doesn’t cost extra. Then he makes an excuse about how he doesn’t have “resource reducing mastery/levels yet”, which don’t apply for a level 13 or mastery Abby.

So I did the only thing I could, I said “you got it all figured out, but I’m out”. And I left.

I’m not sure how you saw that whether I or you (keeping expectation any lower) or slowing the pace down any slower… would have changed this outcome?

2 Likes

I gave it a thought, and I think you’re correct on this account. On higher difficulty there’s a lot less room for errors, let alone lack of contribution. Your team survived solely because of your overperformance, not every game can be that lucky.

1 Like

I love it when people are like that. They either contribute next to nothing or are complete garbage, try to “gg” you at the end of a game you carried, and/or begin sht talking. I end up just saying to myself “don’t you “gg” me, you were useless all game…” And the stats reflect it.

1 Like

Yeah man, I usually just ignore it. It’s a whatever really, soloing isn’t an issue (so carrying certainly isn’t intentionally or not).

I just kept seeing him getting destroyed by Phoenix lifts against Queens and literally the only thing that sucks against them Muta getting rekt. As we approach Bot Wave 4 and onwards, the waves are bigger. So I was trying to be nice and told him “he needs more unit or make a devourer”. Since he was P1, that 125 Devourer would destroy all air units alone.

Then he spouts all these non-sense. So I’m like nah I don’t need to sit here listen to this. So I leave. He takes that as queue for “punishment”, wins the game then gloat. It’s just such poor gamesmanship.

This isn’t the first time. It’s just lately these guys are so common. I could care less they suck, but don’t act like that, ya know? Lol.

1 Like

First world problems, your ally isn’t good enough at starcraft, and is a poor sport because after disparaging them and calling them useless, they beat a soloable pve coop mode fine without someone lol. XD
What are we supposed to do, program dead man triggers to kill our allies when we disconnect to kill em? :joy: MY ALLY ISN’T ALLOWED TO WIN IF I QUIT, omg they won! What poor sportsmanship!

How dare randompug42 not take video games seriously enough! Is he not ashamed??!!? There are children starving in africa who need to know that people in first world countries are winning slightly slower video games! :joy::grin:

I feel more self aware of our first world advantages each time i read our posts lmao. We really do have it better than a lot of people on earth when these are the biggest problems facing our daily lives today lol.

Im actually surprised to be frank that people even talk in your games, most of mine are just churn of the mill gl hf x1000 gg wp ty u2 x1000 games where we fight more for who gets to spawncamp or teleport in front of the other to killsteal lmao.

But sometimes we joke about the part and parcel robot being Space Hillary Clinton in a mech suit or chat about the weather and share some laughs.

Sc and ssbm definitely has high skill cap for 1v1s, pvp, and brutations and world record speedruns, but for normal brutal its not too bad. Brutal+ or brutation, both players need to pull their weight, but as least as far as harm/friendly fire.

At least the only modes a bad ally KILLS you is on polarity or mass poopagators + p3 stukov or fatal attractioning you into a stunlocked nuke lol.

Other “coop” games, friendly fire starts on and a idiot with a gun incaps you lol. Bad players directly cause death. Sometimes while yelling colorful insults lol.

You guys ever think of trying realism expert l4d2? Your allies are near invisible if they run off. No outlines, common zombies can 3 shot with hordes of hundreds and limited medvac supplies. Allied bads can flat out insta incap you with poor aim or friendly fire at 100% on.

Fun game lmao but you should see teammate drama shotgun teamkilling l4d2 shenanigans over a votekick lol.

It might be a funner show than a lvl 4 stettman stealing your minerals or a nova stealing their allies gas can ever be lmao.

Personally i like playing high sustain commanders who can heal their allies with a strong early game presence so i like healing them and watching and most can contribute well.

I don’t stress but its kinda eye opening that it seems like the encounters people get seem to vary so much person by person. One game i tried to rickroll a person typing word for word "WEEEEE ARE NOOOOO STRANGERS TO LOVEEEEEE. YOU KNOOOOW THE RULES… AND SO DOOO II!! " , xD.

They laughed for a while but a few minutes in i had to drop it so i could resume attacking the other areas with normal micro as well as a split force to solo defend the 2-3 attack waves for the part and parcel expo + main waves while clearing top while my ally did mid right and i teleported the defence group to attack bottom right and trains + boss prep.

I definitely agree that if someone is causing stress on a ally by not being able to clear or contribute in a brutal, there’s no shame to dropping.

Rts are notorious for high new player entry gaps and even coop is pve vs 1v1 where the better player always wins in a competition. (“I am terran, nerf terran! It is the only match i lose and op!)”, etc.

But i think someone was discussing how for game communities to thrive, they need both new and old players to thrive and grow.

Blizzard isn’t the most generous company, but sc2 coop can be one of the better play forever or f2p games out there. A example was given of wildstar. A game that tried to focus solely on 0.1% players but then saw too many members quit to pay server fees.

Regardless of whether or not new players suck :joy: or if the money gets sucked into a empty janitorial closet or not, new players joining coop could mean more people to play with.

New players could potentially mean better long term health and server access vs server shutdowns for the game. I think wild star lived for like what… 3 years or something but i still hear people remisicing over it 6 years later. But im still surprised people actually talk in your games outside of glhf ggwps ty u2s.

I’ll be honest most of mine are mutes fighting over the spawn areas being healed to full health as we both tp and fight over brutal mobs like a game of killaholic 100% hp teleporting whack a mole tbh haha. XD

Honestly, the worst kind of people that I’ve come across are people that are bigots, -phobics, and those ilk. It bothers me to hell to play with them… So I end up keeping my trap shut.

I love it when people are queuing as Alarak, play badly with bad units (Yes, I mean Vanguards), and then proceed to tell me of all people that I’m wrong about Vanguards, lmao.

I think the real first world problem is someone complaining on about someone else’s venting topic… about them venting… :person_shrugging:

No, who even implied such a thing? You have some issues to interpret this whole thing as “there are children in Africa starving”.

Nobody’s “stressing” over it. I see bad players all day long. It’s those few recently are worth noting is all.

I find the irony and humor in these extreme situations of how blind new/poor players can get. Sharing it serve as a venting outlet and as a chuckling moment.

If you’re not interested then don’t comment. Please don’t bring in some warped third world country or dead-switch auto-lose fantasy of your own projection into it all.

1 Like

I mean just out of curiosity, if you want to dedicate your life, why not earnestly look at a video game with cash prizes or pvp?

Perhaps i look at it with a bit of casual humor, but at the end of the day, it sounded like you left the game after getting into disagreements with a ally, which could as well just as easily been perceived as being lectured by a person who wasn’t even building workers.

You seem to enjoy playing self inflicted challenges, but when others aren’t up to par or seem to be struggling playing with you, good as you claim.

Could it possibly be that ally defences might be being left or core objectives left to go do the goals you do, maybe potentially straining allies in a coop game or focusing on your own interpreted challenges perhaps?

You are likely playing a build that has less resources, gets early game speed but probably whittles a bit with hitting traditional critical mass builds, that’s probably good for learning harder counters and unorthodox pathing perhaps but it might mean with less units you are less reliant on brute force but instead your ally to help clear.

However when they fail to live up to expectations while doing a self imposed challenge, you quit on them and then when they win or succeed, it seems like you display unhappy responses in response to seeing a ally win a match using phrases such as " this is the bs I get" “by supporting them, you also deny people who go at other speeds their enjoyment”, and you also have words like your allies often “complain or rage quit”.

I was about to ask, well, if other people don’t seem to have a good time playing or consenting into the build, perhaps you could look into speedrun soloing as well, which is usually interpreted as one of the highest, individual skill level showoff cases?

By ironic coincidence, i was looking into some info on how the multiboxing for soloing is done ( Solo Co-Op please? - #18 by Helleformer-2650 ) as maybe a area where you could continue challenging yourself without needing to worry about other players ruining your experience or being new to the game, but this gem pops up from what seems to be a 2019 version of you responding to someone calling every new player a ‘useless leecher’ “A parasite” “Cancer”.

Well maybe the shoes worn out, how things come full circle lol. I guess i’ll leave you alone but i guess it’s just one of those cycles of life.

Honestly i find myself more relaxed and not minding new players the longer i play the game, more fun to watch them and see what they do and i don’t feel strained personally. But life is full of polar opposites i guess, and sometimes when people change they swap too i guess haha.

Anyways, i’ll leave you to it. Good luck. and Have. . . fun(???)

2 Likes

I’ve told you, nobody’s going to read your essays…

Sorry if you’re mediocre at the things you do. That’s not my fault. Some of us simply do what we do at gaming as we do in life - that is we try to improve where we can is all.

Your ever-strangely defending some random player you’ve never met. And defending the things that aren’t even moral or righteous. Go take a chill pill alright?

You are so relaxed that you felt the need to write an entire essay here. Quite relaxed :person_shrugging: there, internet troll.

1 Like

It stands out to me that you made this thread, Fear, just to complain about people you think aren’t as good as you complaining about you?

I have an image of an English gentleperson in their country club becrying that they had to associate with a commoner.

I don’t find it surprising that your ally bit back at your suggestion if you gave it devoid of any context. I’d suggest in the future that you try “criticism sandwiches”:

• Give them a compliment first: “hey man you’re doing so great with your build despite my weird 12w build!”
  • then a constructive criticism: “but the bigger air waves are going to get tougher have you ever tried Devourers they absolutely WRECK air!”
  • followed by another compliment: "we’re both good enough anyway that we got this in the bag!

Just an idea anyway.

That’s because you don’t bother reading what IS the context. Both you and Rukan do this a lot. You and Rukan (have a few bad instances on forum with me, and all you ever care to see is your own biases.)

Here it is the TLDR version:

1. I play a game with a random Abby.
  2. I enjoy the game whole way through.
  3. I see ally struggling, offered 1 piece of advice.
  4. Ally loses his mind in-game.
  5. I leave game.
  6. Half-way through my next game, I get a PM of continued harassment about me leaving the game and offering 1 piece of advice.

Now, here you are… and here Rukan writing yet another essay about how I am judgmental and condescending.

All I see is how you two are very hypocritical, especially considering how much oil and fanning you guys are adding to it… in the name of defending a stranger you never met… of a game you weren’t in.

1 Like

Dude, go look up “unsolicited advice”. Maybe “mansplaining” and “condescending” as well.

And no, that isn’t when a person is escaping from prison and abseiling down the prison wall.

I guess i shouldn’t butt heads too much, but i think what i’m trying to get at, is that for every person, there’s a pov. What is one pov of every ally being [‘terrible/awful/leeches/parasites’]

It’s just a light jab but like, all things considered it’s just a video game. If you really wanted to challenge yourself, and be rid of opposing other players and dependence, it might be time for you to get into solo brutations with your desired 12 workers however you’d like.

I think the gist is, you have a focus on being the ‘best’ player ever, but in a pve mode not really a lot of people care about, and if i wanted to do 6-8 minute lock and loads or 11 minute void thrashers solos i could but there’s a reason people don’t tomato farm 24/7 even though it’s the best xp in the game.

People like to do what’s fun, after lvl 90, things are pointless. Some people really have fun speedrunning and that’s great, everyone has a playstyle and games they enjoy. But if people are “complaining” about gameplay or “quitting”, maybe it’s time to look past if others enjoy playing with you or if it’s time to naturally move on and look into Soloing as a win win.

You wouldn’t have to ‘play with bad players’, so to speak, and they could easily do the missions they are already beating. Coop is far from being some kind of cutthroat, 10,000$ on the line, ddosing top run championship or e tournament. And maybe it’s just saying.

That previous you of 3 years ago seemed to be maybe in a starter phase just learning the earlier modes. I’ve been playing starcraft 1 and 2 literally since i was just a kid and coop pretty much within a month after it came out 7 years ago.

It’s a old game with a high skill cap for sure, but that phrase so to speak of ‘wanting to do my own pace’, etc. I mean. it just might be in your mutual interest for a video game. You can run at any speed you want in a solo, it’s literally one of the higher forms of expression as without a ally it’s all demonstrating one player’s skill or boredom.

There’s people in china running brutation solos of every single mutation 10x in a row just for the 49 people who view them. That’s a lot more than the 1 download of a replay a certain hoster site follows.

I mean, if you want to show off your skills to the world, and other people don’t seem to… [enjoy(??)] playing with you as the ultimate form of skill expression. Why not take a look at perhaps soloing or professional solo speedrunning for fun or a youtube channel.

It just may be a logical approach to what seems to be a outsider a semi logical problem.

As others noted, coop is meant to be a cooperative experience, but if you take people out, you can do all the challenge mode content you want, without ‘bads/leechers/parasites/terrible players’ holding one down, so to speak.

And you can always control your comp, and if someone quits so you can do the game, you can choose their comps for them, drama free like your devourers.

It just might be a empty box since coop without the coop is just a single player game and humans are social creatures.

All i’m just trying to get at is, encounters are a two sided things with a pov for each person. I had some experience seeing this with scam reports for a side server i worked with where i helped mediate 100-200s of scam reports with hundreds of people a day.

One of the common things was you tended to realize each person is commonly great at seeing their one point of view, but often poor at seeing anothers.

Like, take for instance, anyone who wants everyone else to do what they say, but doesn’t want other people to tell them what to do. We’re probably all somewhat guilty of this but.

But all we can see is it seems like we’re just trying to point out is as well, you tend to take any feedback as what seems to be personal attack(?) Even though if it seems flipped in a mirror.

What was previously worded as [“gloating”] after you mentioned leaving a game because your partner wasn’t buliding the abathur units you wanted them to build and mentioning that your allies seemed(?) to frequently [“quit”] or [“complain”]. Etc.

Just as you seem to play 12 workers for fun, other people play whatever they feel like for fun. And if you quit and they win, and it’s gloating, or people point out hypocrisy of a past self vs current self, and it seen as hypocrisy. It could easily be a dead end, no?

It seems like you are interpreting the comments as personal attack instead of feedback but honestly i mean it’s just that i wouldn’t honestly mind more players try coop, get into it, otherwise it might just be the same 3-10 people talking to each other.

Already the servers are much more quiet than they used to be. Comments top out at like, maybe 1-2 likes vs the 16-25+ of the heydays of updates.

We only need 1 person to match up, but it might be fair to reckon that if we want sc2 and it’s servers to have a long successful future ahead of it, bringing in new players to replace whoever bleeds out couldn’t hurt, right.

New players, good or bad are the only players who can experience the game fresh, buy all the commanders fresh, and potentially fund longer servers with new players joining. Now they shouldn’t be in brutal 0 xp, much less 0 comps or basic strategies. Basic 101 guides like tl and coop guides are for that. But if someone is beating brutal with or without a ally ragequitting, they should probably be fine and can carry their own. Perhaps not at the 6-11 minute speeds some people may want, but a win is a win, no matter if it was 12 minutes, 13 minutes, or… 37 minutes.

If playing with allies is seen as a frequently negative experience, maybe it’d be a logical time to try removing the ally and try solos or continue playing with a pal you like to play at the pace you want.

I mean after all. When you take the coop out of coop, you get the Me in tEaMwork. <Maybe that might be something you might like!> And solos can be one of the better skill expressing platforms in the game, if you want.

Yes, thank you for yours. Apparently I (or any player for that matter) deserves post game verbal harassment for typing “you need more units or make 1 devourer”…

And to add to it, further unsolicited comments like yours for posting an experience.

Is it possible I play 12workers as a choice because it won’t allow complete solo while still allow most randoms to perform at an adequate level?

Is it also possible to not write a doctoral thesis every post?

1 Like

Sure whatever, i need to go do my raids and grab some dinner lol. I still think it’d be fun to see how you’d play l4d2 realism expert with teamkilling allies on where one stray shot is a incap lol.

The joke of a harassment browser meme. (bit of a repost, oldie but a goldie) still makes me laugh to this day. Just the joking idea of playing games not for fun, but to make lifelong enemies, meant as satire still makes me laugh to this day.

Anyways, as long as people have fun playing what they find enjoyable, can’t really wrong em for that. Just as long as they don’t grief a ally or want a random carry karax brutation lvl 2. People should always contribute in mutations. But if a mission is completed fine, ally or not, can’t really gripe about that.

To some people it’s a game, other it’s a race to 90, other people it’s a emoji collector or bragging rights 90-1000. Guess we can’t complain. I need to go do some tp flipping now lol.