I would like to see tanks better without seige

I like tanks, and like siege mode, but I think they should be strengthened back up without seige mode. I understand that for balance, they were weakened which makes them easy targets and oversize unless seige damage is used, which can be difficult to get into play, resulting in tanks that can be incredibly effective, but also allow makes them easy to take out in certain situations, …

however, just the same, I can’t help but wish it were more “strategic” to keep some tanks rolling, which would happen if they hit harder while rolling. (they are like fluff balls that kill nothing) . . .

cyclones are only good while running away, so infantry are useless with them, tanks , are tanks,. they shouldn’t NEED to be artillary to work at all, right??

Yea one step would be to give them their Turret Turn from Broodwar in unsieged mode.

That way when they run from an enemy the turret will aim towards the last target, which gives a quicker turning attack.

Besides from that, I wouldn’t agree too much with improving unsieged tanks, Tanks are supposed to be the Tanks in siege mode. Just like lurkers are in burrowed mode and similiar units.

Terran has other a-move units that are strong to make up for the not so strong a-move tank. For instance in lotv even added Cyclone.

unsieged tanks are actually not bad. When zerg switches to broodlord and you need more supply to counter them you can send 3 tanks per hatch and focus them down pretty fast. broodlords are too slow to catch up.

either they turn back buying you time to build more brood lord counter units, they make lower tier units which means less broodlords, or you kill off hatches which later means less reinforcement afterwards.

admittedly, cyclones and banshees are better at kill off hatches due to their speed. but you might as well do it if you have an excess amount of siege tanks.