I respect maphackers much more than anyone who uses DTs

Maru vs Hero game 2, nothing more to be said…

And anyone who uses this unit when behind to come back and auto win with no counterplay (because even if you scouted and made a raven it can only be in one place at one time and can be sniped) is just wasting their time, why play a game when the strategies you do have no counterplay and guarantee a win? You literally might as well print out the victory screen and look at it, if you’re not going to play a game and just a no-skill win simulator.

Then hero proceeds to prove he’s bad enough to lose after 30 minutes of tedious protoss imba and then not auto win because he had a few gateway units at 9 minutes and even blink stalkers aren’t enough to win if you can’t use them and just blink in the main instead of going back. 2 base blink is an auto win 10/10 times maru does that build.

This is a quality thread, OP. I think you should make sure this thread doesn’t die and that if you don’t get any response, you shoudl remake it every day until blizzard nerfs DT (and ultralisk).

Game 2 was insane to watch and honestly well played by both players. It was a game Maru won, by the way.

I do greatly dislike Shadow Stride DTs but DTs themselves are fine until that uber-lategame stage IMO.

What is the counter to DT? Maybe a turret? Players like Maru would usually skip them, because they hope, that they would catch all dts with raven or scans and sometimes it ends bad for them. As a ladder player you can always build a turret in each mineral line and not care about dt. P.s. if protoss would try to counter 2 banschee with 1 observer, the result would be the same, because it moves way slowlier.

Lol, probably cannon rush is lower on the respect totem pole.

Anyway, terran has flying DT’s they can rush for early game harass too.

It was an awesome game. Several times I was thinking, okay GG, and then it turned around in the next minute.

I have to admit though my favorite moment of the whole cast was when Tasteless, a Protoss player, said something basically like (i’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember his exact words) - “If Maru hadn’t been around, Terran would look even more hopeless than they do now. If Maru hadn’t been here when Ty went off to the military, this would be known as the Protoss And Zerg game.”

Except unlike Banshees, Banshees do significantly less damage - 2 shotting workers compared to 1 shotting them - DTs do 45 damage per hit at 0/0 and 60 at +3, banshees do 12x2 damage at 0/0 (total 24) that is double affected by armour because it’s 2 attacks, not 1. At +3, it does 15x2 damage total, for 30 damage. It also delays your core army tech such as Vikings, Liberators and Medivacs, and require energy to use their cloak.

He’s not wrong - Realistically speaking, right now, the only other top Terran is Clem, and maybe Heromarine.

Watching Clem vs MaxPax is not any less worth watching for the gsl-only fanboys over there. Same stories, disruptors, DTs, just units thx to which to hate that race

This guy big mad. Some people like world champions instead of regional champs who only play people in western europe. Let me know when Clem beats scarlett.

Just how poor are you?? Scarlett? Omegalul. You could say Dark or Rogue, but Scarlett… does h/she even play much? anymore. Why do fanboys think that when someone joins GSL they become some Korean worthy adversaries?? Look at Special, Scarlett, now Astrea. I do not judge them for losing on GSL but certainly they have not become ‘the best foreigners because they played in GSL few years back’

Clem beats both Reynor and Serral who are widely believed, even among koreans, to be the best zergs in the world barring maybe Rogue…

Seriously?

1v1 MMR

Clem 7038
Scarlett 6691

1 Like

Yes, I am well aware. Terran is mathematically the clear underdog at the tournament level. Everyone except whiny battlenet forum P ands Z are openly aware of this statistical fact and openly admit it. People who get all of their opinions from discussion boards without actually following the tournament scene live in a weird artificial bubble.

1 Like

Gotta love when they argue while being completely clueless about the competition, also it stinks of old information like this guy lives in 2015

2 Likes

Forum satire or old forum bread and butter?

my man pls scan

Again, let me know when Clem beats scarlett, until he can even beat her, he could never stand a chance against anyone in GSL. Armani would probably wipe the floor with that patch terran.

Wow, being purposely obtuse and transphobic in one statement. I thought you EU players were more accepting than that. Learn something new every day. Keep guzzling the love mayonnaise of the EU players. You know damn well they can’t win in korean GSL, which is why they don’t go. If they had any balls, they would show up and claim the title.

But they can’t, because they are trash.

I know the moderator here doesn’t like biological facts been thrown, so I can’t say much, but you’re part of the problem by feeding the lie.

Тhe whole forum called you out on your clueless assumption about Scarlett vs Clem. You are writing to me some month later maybe because you saw I was active a while ago. It sounds a lot like you are posting this garbage to troll.

You are a blinded Scarlett fanboy, what is in it for you? You are of the same kind? What makes you think wiping the floor with that Zerg will not happen? Just let them match in some bracket. Scarlett is in the same decline many players are, not the best time to praise that player.

I have liked Scarlett, but nowadays this oversensitive behavior of some will be tossed like anyone who makes even remote implication is labeled racist, phobic etc rofl.

No I think America is more into it, it started there and there are Draconian reactions when it comes to touching the interests of such.

EUs are not on the level of Dark, Maru, Rogue maybe Zest and herO except Serral. Everyone else from GSL is worse than EUs or similar like Bunny and Cure.

They cannot win GSL if they cannot like Serral did, beat Dark, Maru and someone else in a row.

How is Scarlett different though? Scarlett performs worse than EU’s that’s where your cluelessness starts getting annoying

1 Like