I like Fenix prestiges

I mainly play Fenix even though I haven’t play for a while and prestige made me come back. I read on the forums that Fenix prestiges are bad, well, I think they are very strong.

I just love P2, I always liked the champion build and it makes it so cheap, easy and fast to get the 6 champions, once you reach level 15 they become devastating.

(As a little reminder P2 reduce the cost of combat non heroic units cost attack and life by half. It’s almost an upside, except in late game, it also increase the effects of tactical data web by 100%)

I’m less a fan of P1, even if it is strong I like the freedom a permanent Fenix gives you. It worse side is that Cybros is not as fun when you can only play it for 20 seconds, the cooldown to switch suits feels too long, I even think it should be shorter than the normal timing.

I didn’t unlock P3 yet, I will try it to change my play style for once and learn how to better take advantage of Avenging Protocol.

I want to thank the devs, don’t mind too much about all this negativity on the forums, you did a great job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let me preface this by saying that I like Fenix a lot, Raynor and him are who I play the most.

But! Fenix is a very… practical commander let’s say, he does everything right but his only real mode is punching them in the face until they go down. He is very good at face punching, every unit he has is good at it.

His Talents go very much down that route as well. P1 being the most inventive here imo though it somewhat boils down to temporary but improved face punch, P2 is Champion face punch, P3 is army face punch. His range of styles isn’t quite as deep as other COs so his Talents can’t draw out distinctive styles either, though all three completely change his playstyle at the same time.

I don’t mean to indict him here though, I think the problem people have with his Talents is the same thing they tend to think of Fenix himself, that he’s rather viewed as not all that interesting for whatever reason. Personally I think it’s hold over from before he was remade into his current form.

4 Likes

well tbh, i dont rly enjoy any of the prestige points, but the p3 (i think it was p3, its been some time didnt play sc2)
but i really think a lot of the prestige points for a lot of heroes r just trash and a big debuff instead of a buff
im actually main Fenix btw, and i think that the prestige points MUST change

1 Like

2 things about Fenix:

I wish he had a heal of some kind, perhaps a couple Clolarion repair drones

and

his disruptors are such a ‘lol why’ unit

6 Likes

true about the distruptors lol

I forgot he had them…

if they added a commander for distruptors, fenix will be highly balanced

1 Like

I think why most people dont like Fenix prestiges is because at the core, Fenix doesnt excel at anything. There is no single aspect that other commander doesnt outperforms him (early pressure, sustained damage, lategame power, crowd control, mobility, etc.) He has no weaknesses to compensate, he is very balanced and flexible, but doesnt offer too much in a single aspect - something that others commanders do and thats why he never excels at mutations. Prestiges were a chance to change that, but his gameplay barely changed, with p1 being a “strong calldown” type of change (but other commanders do it better) and p2/p3 changing just a bit between spamming and shell replacements.

I really wanted a multiple champions playstyle, being able to duplicate champs (details not relevant for now) that removes the TDW but focuses more on micro and maintaining the champs alive.

2 Likes

Ever since Fenix was released I really wanted to like him because purifier protoss are kninda cool but ultimately I failed. Even after he was buffed, his army is still the epitome of A-move, no rewarding micro, no abilities (except for protective shield and occasionally blasting waves with dragoon suit) and his best build (6 champions) besides getting old really fast since you’re doing mostly the same thing in evey game requires you macro to be on point so he’s not a chill commander to play either.

His prestiges were the most disappointing.

P1 is strictly inferior to vanilla Fenix. Calldowns just don’t do anything better than perma suits. Dragoon can already delete waves and Arbiter suit loses a lot of flexibility.

P2 reinfoces the most boring build (6 champions) by making it slightly stronger in the early game at the cost of weaker late game. You can already push objectives with a trio of Warbringer, Taldarin and Fenix himself.

P3 is weird, I didn’t have a lot of time to test it on PTR but going through the hassle of constanly reinforcing unit that take some time to build so that one of your units has increased dps doesn’t sound fun.

Edit: spelling

4 Likes

Yeah I mean P3 hinges on Avenging Protocol which takes the goofiness to the max. First of all Avenging Protocol relies on a unit(s) dying to have any benefit, which is already a questionable mechanic in the first place (see also H&H) but secondly Kaldalis is the only Champion who should be dying on any kind of regular basis anyway so to dedicate basically an entire prestige to just Kaldalis is like…was it the Friday afternoon brainstorm when Fenix’ prestiges were decided?

3 Likes

You go P3 when you want to just mass adepts to wipe the map.

i agree with everything u said, all of it, and yes multiple champions could really change a lot of stuff

1 Like

Ah, Harem Executor Fenix

I play Fenix a lot. Just got him to P3. Any advice on what mastery points synergize well with certain prestige??

For P1 do you go for more attack speed to make the most of your Fenix deployments or do you go for quicker regeneration so you can deploy him more often?

For P3 it seems maxed out Champion attack speed is definitely the way to go right?

With standard Fenix I have my all mastery points split to some degree.

I haven’t gotten to him to start Prestiging him, but P1 already gives +100% energy regen in storage so I’d think attack speed is the way to go for sure.

The Talent’s nerf to hp will affect the Mastery quite a bit there, so attack speed will give a bigger bang for your buck I would think.

For P1 first mastery, go with attack speed, his suits already full regen (or close enough) between cooldowns so the energy regen does almost nothing.

2nd mastery is personal preference, I usually go with attack speed since it doesn’t matter much if they die.

3rd mastery I do a 20/10 split. You want enough bonus supply to speed up your early game (saturating without needing pylons is a nice boost) but some points in Chrono are useful.

1 Like

the breakpoints for starting supply bonus are a little weird. 1 point saves you from needing a pylon to go from 198 to 200 supply, then 5 saves you another pylon (+4), then 9(+4), then 13, etc

3 Likes

If you’re meaning in general, it’s a small difference but I find 21/9 a better split as it’s in line with a Pylon cycle when mass producing Probes. The extra 2 supply just ends up being a waste.

I confess, I never min/maxed the exact math on the supply breakpoints. Thanks for the tip.

To be fair, that might be a better setup for your build order. That’s my favourite part of Coop, you don’t have to follow any kind of meta to succeed.

3 Likes