I like fake cheese

Am I a bad person for doing a 13 pool every game then not cheesing at all? I’ve found that I can get an economic advantage against everybody who knows what they’re doing, and I let it get scouted. I’m in silver tho so that’s not everyone. It’s not me either gonna be honest here. I basically go hydra infestor every game and harass with lurkers whenever possible.

Hello Parrot,

Every strategy is allowed, even fake cheese. Of course it may be frustrating for people sometimes, but cheese is part of the game. :slight_smile:

And if your opponent scout enough and see that you don’t rush, he can use this information for his advance.

As you are in silver, i would suggest, to train better macro, to reach 60 workers on 3 bases within 8 Minutes, and then: Produce 3 minutes nonstop units and then attack. :slight_smile:

(Don’t forget Queen Injects, they are a big boost for Zerg)

6 Likes

I feel like in general, pool first builds are underrated. It makes you safe from virtually any cheese, you get a nice early start on queen production ( and that creep spread ), and doesn’t even put you that far behind on economy (unless you build a ton of lings you do nothing with)
If someone double expands to try and get way ahead of you, just kill them. Pool first can be very versatile.

2 Likes

So… you fake a 13 Pool Rush, then tech up after your opponent scouts. What if you actually do the rush if it doesn’t get scouted? :hushed:

Amen to that. Totally agree.