I am unable to select anything with the mouse or use the keyboard

This has happened twice to me in the past 3 days. While playing a game the cursor turns white, like it is in windows. Once this happens I can’t interact with sc2 any more. I can’t move the screen around or select anything. The hotkeys don’t work either. I can hear and see what is going on. It’s like it goes into windows mode or something.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. Can see what is happening on the current screen, but game is totally unresponsive to my mouse or keyboard.

I have a dual monitor setup and this is related to the game suddenly going from fullscreen to windowed mode.

1 Like

That sounds like my issue as well. currently in a game. I can watch it but can’t do anything else. I do have dual monitor. I does seem to be switching to windows somehow and getting messed up.

Howdy!

Seems like something is stealing focus over the game. I would recommend trying using Selective Startup. Restart the system and test the game with no background applications. Overlays, streaming, or third party graphic software may cause this problem. Even if you don’t think you are using this type of software I still recommend trying this troubleshooting out to help narrow down the conflict.

Thank you!

I am having a similar problem except that my cursor does not change to the standard windows mouse cursor and I can select buttons on the UI. I cannot select units or buildings with my mouse cursor or the keyboard.

2 Likes

Thank you Zuvykree! Do you know if either Discord’s in-game overlay or Playstv is a common source for this issue?

Hey there,

We do typically focus on anything that has an “Overlay” feature when the report is related to being unable to interact with game assets. Both of the applications you mentioned do have those features so it’s good to rule them out as a possible cause.

Hope the info helps!

I have the same issue DariusTelman does. Just bought the computer, too. I tried the Selective Start Up, but I still can’t select buildings or anything on the battlefield.

Also can’t use the mini-map, but I can play Arcade games…tried with both Co-Op and Custom 1v1’s, can’t do anything.

1 Like

still no fix ? i wanted to get into the game too but i can’t even click scv or base or even option to leave the game. only esc works on my keyboard

1 Like