Hydralisks are useless right now

Hydralisks just don’t have a place in the meta right now. Their entire role is covered by queens, which do their job MUCH better. They do not have the health or the damage to be serious threats, and only serve as a means to make lurkers. I think the best way to go about it is either to buff the hydralisks, and nerf the queens, or nerf the queens and make hydralisks hatchery tech, and a little cheaper. Obviously, the lurker den would still require a lair to build, and lurkers would be the same cost they currently are. I like the second option more because it is more reminiscent of the way hydralisks worked in Brood War. Either way, queens are too strong right now, and are boring units in general. This would make zerg feel more like zerg again.

Let me know what you think of these hypothetical changes.

5 Likes

no they arent just make a few of them and some banes and A-move to victory.

you evil zergs are just pretending like they are so that way they dont get nerfed.

9 Likes

A great reason to nerf the Queens.

15 Likes

What are you even talking about. Hydras are in every single match up. Ling bane hydra is the single most seen comp in the game.

1 Like

If you think that you haven’t been watching for a while. Ravager ling bane is most common in ZvP and lots of players have been going straight ling bane against Terran since hydras and muta kinda suck right now.

3 Likes

Hydras are the 2nd to 3rd most powerful mid game unit in the game. Versatile and strong and pair well with many other units in the zerg army. However, they are a mid game unit. Many T3 units really pound them. However you can say the same of say immortals: almost every t3 unit pounds the hell out of them but they shine in the early and mid game.
I’d say either the marauder, immortal, or hydra are the strongest midgame unit and would give the crown probably to marauders with hydras and immortals battling for second. A hydra queen push can be crazy hard to hold in the mid game.

2 Likes

Once again a very Good meme :smiley:

1 Like

are you ok? If u play in bronze ofc hydras are useless but in master+ they are really bad ***

2 Likes

The stuff you guys make up is hilarious. Only going ling bane against Terran??? Come on you can do better than that.

Man you do a great job invalidating yourself

No, they aren’t. Hydras need both upgrades before they’re useful and that takes way too long to get anything done in the midgame besides defend.

That’s not a thing, unless you went for some really bad stargate build

3 Likes

Why ? There is 0 evidence and 0 reason to believe that mutas are Bad. You like to whine a lot and i point that out.

Mutalisks only work if your opponent doesn’t know they’re coming. If that’s your definition of a good unit then ok…

1 Like

Oh yeah thats true because? You say so?

So they are only Good for one harass? Is it why we see continous effective harass in every zerg matchup? Interesting…

I keep forgetting how forum whiners make these ridiculously stupid straw man arguments

Yes, because in pro games, people substitute 1 speed queens over 4 speed hydras in key fights off creep. And on creep too. Yep, those crazy pros and their queens. They do the craziest surrounds with ling bane queen. It’s definitely not hydras or ravagers.

So i am a whiner because im calling You out for being a whiner? Interesting logic here…

Ummm what’s a speed queen off creep? Besides the washer…

Actually I thought Hydra in their current function pose a considerable power Spike in most games. They’d be op if you made them tanky in any form. Making them hatch tech would be weird for the cost, and reducing cost would be arguably broken. It had the tiniest chance of being ok with upgrades locked behind lair, but then what’s the point?

plus queens are made from only minerals weird and hydras cost vespene and minerals so so wierd