How to change SwarmHosts

Make Locusts cost 5 minerals. This means that 1 round of Locusts from 10 Swarmhosts will cost 50 mins. A very fair amount I would say. In exchange the Swarmhost cost can be reduced by ~25 mins, so the first 5 waves are actually “free”.

6 Likes

they should have extremely reduced armor/health aswell so that they can be picked off if caught out of position. theyre siege units, not frontline ultralisks…

5 Likes

Or you could learn to play.

8 Likes

There is novlearn to play when Swarm Hosts are coupled with broken cheap Nydus and people spam it throughout the game. They are also extremely beefy.

3 Likes

So zerg is the only race that has to pay for a temporary unit to attack?

3 Likes

No so Zerg is not the only race with free units. There should be no free units in a RTS

1 Like

So change the entire design of zerg than. Cant wait to see those broods hitting for 70+ dmg an attack.

How do you plan on changing the swarm host?

SH are fine currently.
Zerg already struggles with cost-efficiency before the extreme lategame.

4 Likes

Thats okay. Terran and protoss fans are notorious for wanting to nerf zerg harassment options.

Go ahead. Let them nerf the swarm host and nydus. And free units. And the infestor hard like myohmind wants.

I want to see how hard they have to buff the rest of the zerg race to compensate.

You forgot about Auto-Turrets, but I am in favor of removing those as well.

Sounds fun.

What are interceptors.

1 Like

Swarm hosts are fine. They are slow and locusts have a limited time. When paired with nydus however, they lose that speed disadvantage and become powerful. Just nerf nydus cost so Zerg can get damage done with them but unsuccessful nyduses will be punished

3 Likes

They are a terrible design for both sides.

4 Likes

No they are not, they are rarely used and when used they are either useless or OP.

Terrible unit design, lacks consistency and design direction.

Be more specific. I want to know why

3 Likes

Zerg is having difficulty in both match ups so lets nerf Zerg. BNET forum logic.

1 Like

Both match ups? Zerg beats protoss… only match up zerg is having issues with is vs terran. Jesus you are a wimp.

Protoss is having extreme issues especially against lategame zerg.

Protoss has issues extreme late game but has a strong advantage in early and especially mid game, which is why Protoss is getting nerfed specifically against Zerg.

I know gold league forum members think Zerg is always OP against Toss but reality is very different.

1 Like

The entire gameplay of them for Zerg is “spawn locust and run away to sit being useless for 60 seconds”.

The entire gamepaly of them when fighting against them is “try not to lose everything to free units and never being able to catch the swarm hosts to kill them”.

Locusts also lack a design direction. Are they fragile high DPS units? Are they high HP slow attack speed units?.

Locust also cost 0 minerals and swarmhosts do not have a leash range similar to Carriers.

Also Swarm Hosts do not have to root or burrow to spawn locust, this means they can always be on the move and it makes gameplay with nydus abusable.

Lmao is that why i always see zerg winning against protoss in pro league matches.

Nice joke. Actually protoss is getting nerfed for other reasons not the ZvP match up.

Zerg needs to be completely nerfed especially roach ravager. Infestor is already broken. same with GGlord/corruptor combo

infact roach ravager beats ALL gateway units without immortals and then again roach ravager is so cheap and effective it does not matter.