How many Protoss do you think are still trapped in warp gates etc

Every time I saw it in the campaign I was sad

After Aiur’s return i think not many. But many died on Shakuras.

The odd thing is it should be zero. Those warp gates were made after the protoss reverse engineered the Shakuras xel’naga warp gate’s technology and integrated it into their gateways after the Brood War. They also contain stalkers which weren’t invented during Aiur’s fall.

The one theory I did hear that could make sense is that the protoss of that base were an expedition sent after the fall of Aiur as part of the effort to reactivate the colossi sealed nearby (as we see efforts in the short story Colossus). But they got overrun by the feral zerg before they could complete their mission and trapped in their warp gates, and also explains the ease of which Zeratul reactivated the colossus. It only works because they don’t directly say when they were trapped in the warp gates. That’s very much a fan theory though, and would have to have been the same year Zeratul got there since Artanis didn’t launch any further efforts to Aiur between Enslaver II and the DT Saga, unless it was an unauthorized operation.

Having said that there were a lot of protoss stranded on the planet, some in stasis cells, some scattered through the surface, and some coming back on their own volition (the Avengers in SCII). During Aiur’s first attack it seems the Daelaam linked up with elements of the survivors, such as the aforementioned Avengers.

4 Likes

Sub doing Blizz’s job for Blizz again.

I think that the number is elastic and not concrete. It’s a useful plot device that SC writers can use in any canon SC item.

Protoss trapped in warp gates is a way to give out bonus objectives while also giving the player instant units and allow him or her to feel a sense of accomplishment in bonus objectives.

It would get pretty old pretty fast if it was used too frequently, but it’s a good effect when used sparingly. For example, two Colossi come out of the water to help Zeratul when he investigates the dead Overmind, some Observers come to him and there’s two sets of units trapped in the warp gate.

Considering that one of the mission achievements is to beat the mission in 25 minutes, that does seem to help. I personally barely made it in time and it definitely helped to have the two pre-made Colossi vaporizing small-ticket Zerg up against my force.

Easiest way is to beat it with just Zeratul in less than 2 minutes.

Canon answer for # of protoss trapped in warp gates: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aLESDql1U

1 Like

How? I could t go under 15 because I had to wait for blink to keep recharging

How did you get past all the Detectors such as Overlords taht gave away Zeratul’s position to the defenders?

You have to micro better. Get out of the detection range.

Zeratul also gets a full heal after every tendril. Don’t be afraid to take a little scratch damage with him, as long as he doesn’t die entirely.

2 Likes

Overseers*

Void Prison disables detection. And you gotta go fast.

It’s not that micro-demanding.

Delete the initial /

/m.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkGZ3gBrKM

He does it on Brutal even.