How do you beat toss air?

PVP, you are going ground, and he goes air toss. How do you actually compete, yet alone win?

You pretty much have to also go air or you lose. Stalks melt to VR, and Archon is too slow and clunky to get under carriers.

I did try to push early and took out a 3rd but it made little difference.

mass voidrays <<<< archon / storm/few sentries + stalkers in the back;

carriers <<<< blink stalkers (and later tempests)

Air armies are usually very slow so walk around the map and threaten to do a base trade while getting a lot of upgrades (blink, forge, charge) and more workers/bases (not too many more workers - always keep up with army value and the ability to snipe bases).

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good advice. Think I need to be more aggressive in early game if I see him going VRs. Just seems like toss doesn’t have any good ground to air vs armor. Archon is beast vs muta, but that’s because they are light.

Actually the reason archon beat muta is because mutas are short ranged and archon do bonus vs bio.

1 Like

and archons do splash damage! So archons are kinda like thors vs. mutas but with a very low range (kinda same as the mutas except that mutas can attack buildings and the bouncing attacks can hit the archons, too)

I like blink stalkers and archons, archons for melting interceptors and voids and the stalkers for sniping carriers and moma ship

There was a strategy for a while where you would get shield upgrades on the archons, and they would splash kill the interceptors from the carriers.