How do you beat 5 tank thor ?!

Is there any unit you haven’t complained about as far as Terran is concerned?

1 Like

Another sucesful bait by Thebatz. Guys, don’t give him any attention he doew not deserve.

Ok you diamond or worse. What do you know, you just trolling on the forums. I asked legit question. tank thor is hard to beat…

Problem is, if you go zealots, they will spam mines, so you include stalkers. BUt you won’t have disruptors by the time attack hits. Because you need colossus and than he would have 2 vikings, that doesn’t do anything. And if i throw double stargate, before i get gas for it, you cant do that on 2 bases… And if i go third, terran will attack me off 3-4 bases, because i will be behind. That’s why every game protoss tries to all in off 2 bases, because if you don’t do dmg with it, you are behind and terran can kill you. That’s why tank thor is tough to beat!

I mean what do i do with my 2 base attack, warp prisms are not effective and are coinflipp vs thors. Zealot disruptor sorta, but i have to scout bc tech, what if he makes in on edge of his base and than i don’t know what is doing and go bcs and he just makes hellbat tank.

Ahaha zealots don’t work, take so much minerals and upgrades, he can just make marauders and mines. Disruptors are not really viable in PvT And all 1 base attacks are not good against terran, because liberators and if he reaper scouts, he will just sit there on 2 bases and you lose. You are relying on him to not scout, so that’s like gambling.

Since the chargelot nerf, i havent had much success with chargelot immortal archon, or even just a straight up mass immortal.

What has been working decently recently is, to my surprise, void. With the new upgrade, they can be microed well enough to beat or make decent trade vs mass thor.

Won’t work if mines, but combine them with something else. I like showtime’s answer to Clem’s mass thor 2-3 weeks ago that was casted by Wardi : Disruptor Carrier Tempest. Snipe thor with tempest, make and use distuptor to zone out the thor that would like to engage. It becomes a very micro demanding fight, but it can be done.

Mothership might be good to add, but imo to expensive on supply. I prefer the 2 additionnal tempest or the 4 templar. And always make sure to be at least 1 base ahead of Terran.

Most people have been saying it’s a slight buff. They’re a lot more micro-able than they were, but the burst damage is a lot lower, to be fair.

I don’t know… I mean, there’s not many unit that are faster than chargelot to begin with, and they were mostly used as front smashing meat shield for direct damage on impact. It was really usefull to hit position that were hard defended. Could be used to take down 1 or 2 tank really fast, which makes a huge difference overall in the fight.

I do like the faster movement for harass vs zerg, but terran have PF most of the time, almost nullify harass potential, at least on the zealot side of things.

More about being able to split vs mines.

Whether the charge is a nerf or buff is entirely up to context. They have better sustained damage now because they won’t be kited as easily, but sustained damage doesn’t mean much if they melt to a critical mass of ranged units as they charge in. The reverse is true for the old charge, the zealots can do better if they just melt since they can at least contribute 8 damage per hit per charging zealot, but then they are kited forever by faster ranged units.

Try the 53 carrier fast expand opening into 4 mins 7 robo all in, works every time.

No that doesn’t work vs good player as i said, mothership dies and than after shade in finish off your army. Than he throws tech and even if you see thots, that doesn’t mean no bcs

No you are not safe, did you saw that replay. Protods went mothership and terran attacked across the map with thor bc and killed him. You can go probably faster 3rd, but you will be still behind, that’s the problem !

Normally if someone goes thors you can kill that easily with zealots, but if he adds bcs by time your attack hits he will have like 150 supply and planetaries, i don’t think even disruptor zealot can damage that. But i will try that, or mothership , or stalker probe pull. That is ofc if i can scout it, half of the games, observer doesn’t tell you anything… And if you open double stargate and it is BCs that’s very bad for you!

So it is so tough to win games consistently like that, doing 2 base all ins. That’s why terran economy should be fixed, or rather protoss and collosus buffed to HOTS!

This afternoon Harstem almost beat heromarine’s mech, but in the end lost because he didn’t expand enough and kind of threw his army in a couple of bad fights, but before that he was leading the game.

6 tank thor obviously

This whole thread is nauseating and Batz trying to avoid the real problem, which isn’t TvP (LOL)…its ZvP.

Are you kidding ? Than terran gets bcs and will camp there omg… Unless he sends his reaper first across the map you can’t scout it… Geez… I don’t even know what to say… So you say pros are mentally ill, i saw that yesterday in xel naga. Watch any pro game…

What are you talking about, there was no BC on that game.

How many games you will get to the point, that you can sack majority of your workers… Besides Terrans has free workers, especially with mech… Also if terran abuses bcs, he will have huge bank… Stop spamming this thread with nonsense…

Besides terran won’t lose them, if he makes spores and than spend his bank… And get over 200 supply…

You sound like you’re switching styles and build orders every game.

1. What is your opening and how do you do economically until the 5:00 minute mark compared to other builds?
    –> a replay would be nice
  2. What kind of splash damage do you get and when do you scout?
    (obviously, you’ll want storm vs. marines/medivac and disruptors vs. non-squishy targets like marauders and thors)

TL;DR:
Can we please get away from the banter and talk about something solid like timings, numbers and a replay above all?
It’s not about batz - this thread could also help other protoss players.

Edit: Here’s the video about tempest/disruptor again:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBEQO8FIwpo&list=PLFeZeom2b4Dm_PXPREvPRAJVa6dijv0FF&t=7565s

Edit2: So if I were you, I’d use this idea and try it out a bit at the “unit tester lotv online” to go through a few reactions and range of disruptors vs. thors close to tanks and going around the terran vs. speed / adjusting of thors and tanks.

1 Like

Wat, what are you smoking. OK ignored you are just trolling, if you do 1 build order you idiot… Besides they terran spam any build they want… If they have banshees they scout for free. Protoss is behind in economy you can’t use scan… Even if you do scout, it won’t tell you anything half of the times, if Terran isn’t dumb, he hides his tech at edge of his base and you won’t be able to scout tech always… IMPOSSIBLE to select build order…

You have a link to that game? I want to watch it. Thanks.