How do I get the Terran Barracks to train a Night Elf Archer instead of a Marine?

I’m seriously about to pull my hair out. I’ve tried modding the command card, the button, the ability to the one for making a night elf archer, but I honestly cannot find any success. How the hell do I do this?

I’ve tried changing the actor, the unit, the model, just about everything. Can someone point me to where I’ve gone wrong?

Abilities and the unit object itself that uses it is the entirety of the scope of what you’re trying to do. You’re wasting time looking at actors and models for a solution, they have entirely different purposes. Did you make a custom train ability and give it to the barracks, if not did you add the night elf unit into the existing barracks’ train ability, having at least assigned a button and unit to one of the train ability’s indexs?

This is what I’m unable to figure out, is how to add the unit to the existing barracks train ability. I have buttons assigned, and a unit assigned to the command card, though the Barracks still just trains a marine that has a night elf bow and produces night elf bow sounds because of my failed attempts to mod the marine.

This stuff is very simple, I can’t fathom how you wouldn’t stumble on it but here goes. First, make sure you are in detail view mode. (If you can’t find the button, press Ctrl+2) Then go to and select the barracks train ability. On the right you will see a box which contains the train info indexes, Train 01, Train 02, etc. Double click Train 01. It will open a window. Near the bottom, there is a field called Units. Click the red minus button next to it to remove the existing unit in the field. Then press the green plus button right above that. It will open a window from which you select a unit. And then press OK all the way out. Done.

I knew I was missing something. in the WC3 editor all you needed to do was go to the structure, and add a unit you wanted to be trained, and the editor would do the rest.

Was missing stuff that was only in detailed mode which I didn’t know how to access. thanks!

Everything which you can edit in detail view is visible in table view as well, but for beginners detail mode is definitely the best view mode. When you get experienced enough though, table view, and even XML view become the preferred work views. (Less editor load time, quicker access, etc.)