Handy Noobs hotkey adjustments ? <3

I have a problem as a noob and i have an idea of how to fix it as well.
So my problem is that i can’t really benefit from the full potential of the “spell casting” in this game and instead of control groups i often use TAB to change the “caster” (maybe out of reflex).
And the problem is that having a large army or even in control groups 2/3 “spell casters” there will always be at least 1 unit who has no spell to cast but a passive icon (ex immortal with his shield if it is on or on cool down)
so when i press TAB ex. a quick mothership slow and then fast travle to follow up with some storms i lose vital seconds until i jump over that passive/ immortal/ non-caster unit
And my idea is that you could create a customization as for the Hotkeys but where we can chose for our own build/profile what skill would be shown to us (as in the simple bar and complex bar option) or at least the option to chose when we press TAB to navigate between WHICH units it will navigate (so we can set only High Templar and Sentinels only for example) and so we could easy use spells
This is to help players as me and overall noobs or kids who can’t or don’t wanna get pro to pick-hammer the keyboard and only want to have some classic fun with this awesome game
And i believe this would be a good idea for implementation as well as for noobs but higher level players too
The game could be as it is by default but for the sake of fun and technology this options would be very handy and fun to have
So PLEASE TAKE my idea into CONSIDERATION PLEASE!
Have a great day !

Easy fix here is to just not go so Ham on spellcasters honestly.
Trying to juggle a force of 3+ spellcasters is a nightmare for anyone.

Best thing to do is go in with a plan of attack before the fight starts and know how many presses it is to cycle to what you need.

Alternatively you could be like me and set HT’s (when you actually bother to get storm) and sentries to their own hotkey as well as your main army key.

There really shouldn’t be a point where you’re dealing with HT’s AND Disruptors AND a Mothership AND a sentry. If you’re got storms then you don’t need disruptors and vice-versa.

The solution here is just learning how to strategize better IMHO. I may be a diamond player but my apm floats around 100 average on my better days. If you go in with a plan of attack you can get your spells out there when you need to without much extra work.

I’m not against extra technology options but if your issue is too many spellcasters you need to build less spellcasters - it’s literally that simple. They’re advanced units meant for advanced tactics.

2 Likes