Grow e-sports - next step for sc2

Some great SC2 Pro League matches going on. If you’re not watching these live you should be!

As I’m watching this I just came up with the next stage of SC2 E-Sports and that’s 2v2 Pro SC2. This is how it works - it’s going to be amazing.

SC2 Builders @ Blizzard. SC2 Pro League Versus 2v2 needs to work like this. It will have two teams of two. Each team has 2 roles, one player is assigned the Economic Commander, the other is the Military Commander.

It’s actually a very SIMPLE update to the versus mode. You’ll need to implement the changes and then create a new type of VERSUS mode in the SC2 game.

Economic Commander - The player assigned this role is going to have access to ALL the probes and buildings ONLY. This player can ONLY use the probes and buildings and has zero access to highlight or use any of the military units.

Military Commander - The player assigned this role only has access to the military units. They cannot use probes, they cannot build buildings, they only have one job and that is wait for military units to be built and then they can control them.

CHAT UPDATE
The chat windows will be locked to your team only, you cannot communicate with the other team.

This will make SC2 a real teambuilding game with 2 players who have to learn to work seamlessly together in a common strategy to win. I think we’ll get some VERY EXCITING matches from this kind of 2 versus 2 PRO GAMING.

Everything else will be the same. The update is actually very minor besides having to create new menus and new matching. It’s simply re-organizing the controls of the game to 4 people instead of 2, which we already know you can do since you have observers, co-op and etc., etc. It’s just a matter of reconfiguring what you already have in place and new menu and matching systems.

Seriously I hope Blizzard considers making this update, because it will VASTLY IMPROVE the E-Sports PRO SC2 League. Thanks for making an awesome game!

1 Like

TL:DR archon mode for SC2

1 Like