Ground Static for H&H

Should H&H get a ground static for their arsenal ?
Because not everyone is a team player in coop and DoN is practically a defence map at night.

4 Likes

Why do you need ground static? You have widow mines and mass grenades

1 Like

They do have ground static. They’re called Widow Mines.

1 Like

Or you know, you can end DoN before Night3 with easy Strike Fighters.

Or you know, you can make an army that’s not just pew pew flying man.

Or you know, you can get Starport units and land your Vikings for once.

Let’s just hold off on the static, considering how many viable options there are for HH.

Heresy! Their Vikings pierce in walker mode, right? I’d imagine it’s great on DoN.

with so many different soldiers, why not add a bunker.

Lorewise Mira’s units are all mercenaries which have little regards for personal safety, and bunkers would just get in their way.

Gameplay-wise, she only has reapers as infantry; the rest are all mech units and can’t use bunkers either.

Also widow mines exist.

Because adding the same structure/unit to every commander destroys the commander’s uniqueness. This has been said to you so many times man?

Also, the only single-man “unit” HH has is actually just Reapers. Why in the world would a bunch of Reapers (with flying jet-packs might I add) go into a Bunker? Bunker is for units like Marine/Marauder/Firebats. Reapers have high mobility and doesn’t need a covering Bunker. Not that any of this paragraph has any merit to begin with…

1 Like

Can Reapers go in bunkers at all?

Theoretically. They can in multiplayer, but no commanders in Coop have both reapers and bunkers.

No…they can do DoN with patrolling units just fine and variety is good

I think they should have given H&H a… mag mine generator building. Permanently “burrowed” (can be attacked if detected, and can be crossed over with land units), opens up each X seconds and pops up a mag mine (max 3 at the same time per building).

That way base defense would be less of a chore :[

That or… widow mines being less of a pain in the rear than they currently are.

4 Likes

You could go with a few points in Mag Mines mastery, can help a lot, especially if you play on random maps.

And H&H is still an offensive commander, that’s their weakness.

1 Like

I already go with mag mine mastery, but replacing them is an awfully unfun chore :frowning:

1 Like

They don’t need ground static. Use units and mag mines and strike fighters if it gets really rough. You can use supply depots for cover.

1 Like

A few Magmines already wipes any wave with ease. And here we are, people complaining about how it’s a hassle to place them. Instead, it’ll be “easier” to add another structure that “spawns” Magmines periodically.

Because building a non-mobile structure is way easier than left clicking Magmines onto any spot with vision. Solid suggestion.

1 Like

Yes, it’s easier to say “I want mines periodically here” than spazically check all entrances like a caffeine infused monkey :roll_eyes: Especially when just a single zergling can send all of the mag mines away on a forever alone journey.

Not everyone likes the WhAT, diD i LEaVe tHe StOVe oN? gameplay.

3 Likes

The idea is basically summarized by your quote.

Let’s hypothetically say they would waste all this resource and time to put in structure M to allow your idea to come to fruition. Here are a number of things to consider:

1. How often does it spawn? Doesn’t make sense to spawn quicker because than it’d replace the ability altogether (so the standard 50seconds, so this is your “X seconds and pops up”). This doesn’t change anything except that now you are investing extra resources in making structure M.
  2. Limitation to max that can spawn? This is your “max 3” concept, where the mastery allow up to 30 charges, yours require resource, SCV, time, and preventing it from dying to begin with to have 3. So 10x that have to be met in order to be competitive to the simple concept of 50s (per spawn) x 30 = 25min in a mode where most maps finish in 15min.
  3. Can still be triggered by a single unit. I guess you did leave the “StOve oN” after all. If Magmines in any capacity is allowed to select and choose when to detonate than they’d be overpowered by a massive margin. So your structure M, which spawns Magmines, would still be subject to auto-triggered Magmines when a single unit walks by.

People need to just think 2-steps ahead before proposing a ridiculous idea. In simple terms, this “Structure M” will require more macro, more micro, more resource investment and attention to prevent it from killed while the current Magmine takes 7-10s to deploy and fire.

Lest we forget, the entire point is to “improve” the supposedly lack of ground static defence, which is questionable to begin with.

I don’t think they really need it, the mag mines are really dangerous if used right. If Dead of Night is your only issue, then you need to learn the map because all commanders who don’t have good base defense defend their base the same way. And that is to patrol the 3 closest entrance to your base with a death ball of units. H&H are within the top 3 of clearing that map the fastest, so again, I really don’t think they need it.

If you’re on defense duty on DoN (happened when I was HH playing with Tychus), then use a combo of the following:
–Supply Depots
They have 800hp, but build in the same time as all other “normal Depot builds”. It sucks losing one b/c they provide double supply at 16, but in this regard, it’s no different than losing a tower… you’d need to replace both anyways if lost

–Mag Mines
Position them so when an enemy engages your Depots, MM’s will get triggered

–SFP
In addition to MM (or if a new batch need time to rearm, send Strike Fighters to help cover AG (Anti-Ground)

–Turrets
OF course, these only do AA, but detection is nice, and to help thin out/mop up any remaining air units

–Widow Mines
These are nice. Even better combined with above. However, these do eat up gas, so you’re more limited in making Starport units (which is why it’s nice if someone else can push for the both of you).