Grinding Prestige on brutal is tough

I’m a filthy speedrunner so I have a second account that has a mastery Raynor + Abby to speed-carry my main account through the prestige grind.

9min SoA rounds go zoom-zoom.

2 Likes

Mentioned in-game. When you click on the various difficulty levels, the level recommendations are given.

1 Like

Nice, I never noticed that.

So you play two CO’s on separate comps/SC2 instances at the same time?
Or… you just idle your prestige CO while solo’ing it with Raynor/Abby? Ok, that makes more sense.

Not surprised. I believe many of us just leave it on Brutal. I’ve switched when leveling up a new CO, but do it regularly when attempting Mutations.

Even though LilA is joking, he does eludes to an important point.

Make a friend… I mean coop is 2 players playing together (whether those 2 are the same person xD or usually not).

People carry people to help level commanders, level new commanders, and now to relevel commanders all the time. So it’s really not that difficult to try to make a friend to do that. And it would probably be worth your while if queuing up random matchmaking gets you a poor ally who needs your level 1 commander to carry them? You know? Think of solutions.

LilArrin soloist extraordinaire, what do you think of raynor’s prestige and the grind?

Problem with having to reduce difficulty is that it reduces XP gains so it slows down the grind. Giga-genius design by blizz.

1 Like

Well they aren’t exactly going to give you the same xp for every difficulty, are they? No point in playing the higher ones then to level if you can stick it on normal all the way to 15 and get the same as brutal.

Here’s the thing: no one said you haven’t. But that doesn’t change the fact that all - as in every single one - matches I had on Brutal was with a low level player. Not sure how what you said helps with that.

“Preconceived notions”… Now listen you bag of hot air. Who was talking about you? I made it clear who I was talking about - my experience, playing on Brutal. You just said you are not grinding this on Brutal.

It’s really ironic that you are calling people out for expressing their views and explaining what their experience is by replying with what your own experience is. If you’re happy with this then fine, but I don’t know why you’re bringing it in. I don’t care. I have zero issues with you liking it. But don’t negate my views and especially don’t do it by implying I was talking about you or other people who enjoy the changes.

Chill, I think Ultima misunderstood that post in that they thought you meant everyone is miserable while you just meant all aspects of it are miserable for you.

No need to be like that over a misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

I know it used to be there, but I can no longer see it (since the added Brutal+).

Anyway, I start at lvl1 at hard, and switch to brutal after some significant buff at level 2-7 (depending on commander - for Zeratul it could be lvl3, for Vorazun probably 2, for Tychus probably 6, for karax I think 7 …).

After just 2 games on hard I am at level 5 so it’s not that slow.

I usually play brutal because hard would be too easy and also to get achievements for playing that. XP is not really the reason.

I got very lucky yesterday when I started the grind.

There’s me, a freshly prestiged Alarak level 1, and a freshly prestiged Abathur. He did not use the prestige though, which apparently was a good idea.

It was an enjoyable game, so we formed a group and kept playing until we were level 12. Abathur’s Regeneration is very good for Alarak, and Alarak’s AoE power compliments the tanky evolutions well.

Next day in the afternoon, I kept getting Raynors who apparently didn’t really know what to do. And the mandatory brainless Tychus player. No matter which ally, on Malwarfare I always had to buy the bonus three times myself, which obviously drained a LOT of resources. The ally’s camera was never on the bonus. Looks like some people just expect the one who gets there to buy everything? That’s so wrong man…

So please, fellow Co-Op players, support the completion of the bonus objective on Malwarfare through resources. The faster we donate the necessary resources, the faster I can get back to assist you on the main objective.

For some reason it’s always me going for the bonus. Or does someone want to tell me that 1050min 300gas is not worth 20% bonus XP? Hmm… it is 10% per bonus, right?

On Miner Evacuation for example, my ally always cares about the bonus, to the point they throw their army at Blightbringer and lose it. Why not on Malwarfare?

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t really talk about fresh grind on brutal. It’s definetly a different feeling, but to be honest, I enjoy it! It also seems some waves are spiced up.

Prestige 1 is very good for low level Raynor grinding, since it helps survivability, especially with the lack of drop pods, meaning your front line forces have to survive longer for reinforcements. I think once drop pods are unlocked, you don’t really need Prestige 1 anymore, it felt more or less the same. One thing to note is that Prestige 1 eats up a lot of Medic energy because you aren’t replacing your forces that often.

Not that it matters much for me, since I’m carrying with my 2ndary account’s Abby.

1 Like

That’s what I did. However most people are still trying their luck for others to carry them.

1 Like

Man public que Raynor players, just so many of them are so hit or miss. The irony is that Raynor actually has one of the better commander lvl 1 kits where aside from missing instant build depos he has most of his kit (-50% build time marines, mules, +100% hp prestiege), and yet while like 50% are decent or do well, so many of the players who play him, are the most UTTERLY useless hard carries literally in the 90% range of them only managing to kill 40-80 units of 800, the WHOLE entire game, no calldowns, 6 marines attack forces at the 15 minute mark, losing all their armies, getting their bases attacked, Losing expos or forcing you to withdraw from a point to defend them only to be put on a 4 base defensive.

Just so many raynors still manage to get 200 to 0 supply, now the new problem is them just, when the squishness is removed, them just not building any defenses or using their cds at all. I still don’t get all the hype around mass BC raynor. Every single raynor i’ve seen go for it only contributed (like 46 of 500-800 kills, and even then probably half were their calldowns / Hyperion) , and even then if they get 1-3 Bcs out, they ussually engage one hybrid and lose all their bcs anyways.

The same people who mass BCs as raynor never repair bcs either. I still don’t get why people go for it, It just seems so utterly uselessly slow to hit like a wet towel. If you just wanted a sturdy army, why not use his +100% hp bio or just go mass dragoon artanis i always wonder. I just don’t get why this slow as mollases, 40 of 500-800 build that makes your ally both cover early game, MID GAME, and end game is so hyped up. It’s slow and terrible. Just do something that wins at the 15-25 minute mark, Bc raynors are slower than a karax just casting chrono wave and afking the game.

1 Like

There is a massive issue in the queue now, with all these super low levels trying to get a high level to carry them in brutal…

Heh… sounds like a typical, stock Raynor :smile:

Hmm, when newbies get into Coop, are they required to level up stock/“original recipe” CO first, or can they instead start with leveling up the 1st Prestige?

2 Likes

There are 18 commanders each with 3 prestige resets.
The queues are going to stay like that for a very long time…

Would be nice if each prestige had different conditions to unlock:

Perk 1 - Level to 15.
Perk 2 - Complete every mission with this CO.
Perk 3 - Obtain X amount of victories with a perk equipped.

2 Likes