Grinding Prestige on brutal is tough

My favorite is the guy posting the giant “disappointment” thread from just reading the announcement only to directly afterwards install the PTR himself and then start making feedback posts on commanders.

1 Like

Again, relevelling is adding variety, not removing. You can’t play the same way as on max level, need to try different approach. And every game can be different because you unlock something new. It’s fun and exciting.
Unlike when playing on max level, where every game is more or less the same, because you don’t get to unlock new abilities over time - that’s where the term grinding (to get 1000 ascension for example) would be more appropriate.

And no, it’s not the same as melee, you have different units and abilities, maps are not the same … have you checked melee recently?

So leveling the commanders for the first time was suffering to you? I wonder how you managed to keep playing under such torment, until you finally got the max level when it somewhat started being fun to you.

So you want to try new things, but also don’t want to try something new because it’s grinding to you and keep everything the way you have now. Sounds like a paradox to me.

1 Like

And here you are again basically saying this is their problem for not being good enough. Your arrogance seriously knows no bounds.

Feedback is not ranting. They dislike it, they are expressing they dislike it. Will it change anything? Unlikely. Will Blizzard even read it? Unlikely. Are they entitled to do it? Yes.

So not you then.

To be honest, I got tired of debating with you before cos you’re an arrogant…person…who either twisted my words or was to stubborn to see what everyone else was telling you.

Though I’m not going to lie, this topic is a bit stupid. Sorry, but Brutal was never designed for level 1 Commanders in the first place, the fact that you are struggling is completely on you.

Level 1 on brutal complains about other level 1s on brutal. That’s what I call a pro gamer move. Seriously, you deserve each other.

2 Likes

Dev did that for a reason. So you learn how to play the commander again using a different play style (also their business model to have us play more). Is grind tedious ? yes it is, but you can think of it as a learning process.

One thing I didn’t like is they reset our base commander (non-prestige) back to lvl 1 even after we level it to 15 already. Am I seeing this wrong?

I think the solution that would help everyone would have been to allow you to select which talent you want first, rather than being forced to do them in order, which, if you want the 3rd talent, forces you to play 1 > 15 3 times. I think that is the sticking point for a lot of the complaints.

Would’ve been nice to keep base commander at 15 but I imagine resetting it is just meant as incentive to actually level Prestige rather than getting bored half way through and switching back.

1 Like

You can switch between unlocked prestiges (or the base) even during the leveling proces. Maybe they should have given the option to temporarily suspend the releveling and play as maxed base commander? But then they would also have to temporarily lock the latest prestige, so I guess it would be too complicated

Yeah, I mentioned this on another post. You should* be able to select which prestige you want and level it. I think most people will put up with it because the prestige they want is probably worth it.

I thought this will be the case, but they brought base commanders to lvl 1 too once you activated your prestige.

Oh well, more leveling weeeeee

The patch has been out 2 days.

And despite playing as much as I could on PTR, it was hard to get a grasp.

So maybe it’s these complainers too quick to judge?

I’m not sure why you felt so inclined all of a sudden but sure side with them. If you read their feedback, then you’d know all they have ever said was “I don’t want to relevel, this sucks, change it now”.

Great feedback.

Huh most of prestiges sucks at low level and some of them even purely gives penatlies without any bonus as it need certain talent. Playing a commander which is just nerfed for what reason? Dev allows us to switch to normal commander as they know how they mess the game.

More importantly, to unlock a prestige which I want to play and if the prestige is 2nd or 3rd, then I must re-level commander to unlock earlier prestiges. Current system is totally wrong and thingkingless.

Never said I agreed with them, I was meaning in general, as you’d done in your post. I followed up my answers to you with

1 Like

Regardless of days passed, we suffer from irrational system which punish us for wanting new system added with 10th anniversary.

In PTR, only 4 games of lv4 allow us full prestige. Now, even with holiday bonuses, 50 games without full talents and any master attribute are needed.

The fact that players suffer can be talked regardless of quick or late.

Players now have less fun for no rational reason. This is enough to complain.

Of course.

Yeah I didn’t agree with setting our base commander to 1 again and you should be able to select the prestige you want, not lvl it 1>2>3.

But what can you do? Just level it and not think of it as a tedious grind. If you think low lvl commander is too weak just go down one difficulty.

1 Like

That makes me playing the game with less fun for longer time so what I can do is just playing the game without prestige and continuosly complaining to Dev.

The recommended difficulty levels are:
Normal: lv1 to lv6
Hard: lv7 to lv14
Brutal: lv15+

Isn’t this what “we should be doing” when leveling up the Prestiges?

Granted, if you’re good, have an ally who can carry, and/or using an OP CO like Zeratul or Tychus, you could get away with shifting things one tier down (so for example, start on Hard, and go to Brutal at lv7).

In case this wasn’t a rhetorical question, it sucks. I had to do it twice. (Once on a public account that belonged to a video game lounge, and again when I reverted to my own, personal account). The 2nd time around, you have map knowledge, know the game better, and manage to learn some neat new things. However, knowing what you’re missing out on ([cough] Kahlai Ingenuity) makes it bad. It’s like when I leveled up Raynor. I took over a fully leveled up Raynor when my ally left. I was taken aback to learn that his “instant Supply Depots” come at lv8!

Word. It’s one of those missions where your towers can do both defense and offense (although make sure you have enough DPS. If trains get away, you won’t be able to chase after them).

Yeah, we should have been able to select which Prestige we are re-leveling for; rather than having it in sequential order. That’s how I understood the patch notes, and the UI when I tried it on PTR. Then was a disappointed when it wasn’t. I suppose they could still change this with a patch.

Recommended by whom? But I fully agree. Main issue with Normal was that I’m not used to that game speed anymore. And I keep forgetting that we don’t need the usual large armies to complete missions. Brutal could be started a bit earlier depending on the upgrades on that CO:

• Vora needs Emergency recall lvl 13 but if you wanna go mass Void which won’t get ER unless under DP, then after TS at lvl 10, Brutal is do-able on some missions.
  • Karax and Swann can do VL or OE on Brutal once they have insta build (lvl 11) and Adv construction (lvl 8).
  • Can’t go full aggro/attack of course, but can do Brutal if not trying any map clearing.
  • Having said that, I’ll stick to Hard on the Random queue until lvl 15. Brutal only if I’m in a party with an ally who’s prepared to do a partial carry.

But then there will be those who compare it to doing VT in 16-17 minutes without the bonus rather than OE in 25 mins with the bonus (XP per minute effort). But that’s mind numbing and pure grinding.

When you complain this much and deem that a game (you chose to play) is punishing you and that you are suffering really puts some real perspectives lmao.

I’m a filthy speedrunner so I have a second account that has a mastery Raynor + Abby to speed-carry my main account through the prestige grind.

9min SoA rounds go zoom-zoom.

2 Likes

Mentioned in-game. When you click on the various difficulty levels, the level recommendations are given.

1 Like

Nice, I never noticed that.

So you play two CO’s on separate comps/SC2 instances at the same time?
Or… you just idle your prestige CO while solo’ing it with Raynor/Abby? Ok, that makes more sense.