Grinding Prestige on brutal is tough

As everybody else is grinding prestige as well, when 2 commanders are on very low level brutal is very tough.

There are some commanders that are good at low levels, but a lot are not. Weak ones at low levels are like Zagara, Karax etc…

5 Likes

The problem with Zagara people is that they actually turn on the prestige (which they should! They just got it! … but its bad… and therefor a TERRIBLE design issue).

and what occurs is; they no longer get Zagara, their hero unit… AND what do they get for it? From level 1-6, ALL they get is +1 Scourge per egg and +50 supply. The rest of it doesn’t work till 7 for the free bane/scourge, and higher level for the splitter variant of zergling.

And on brutal, you desperately need that ‘invulnerable’ wave of banelings from zagara to break the bulk of the push… and the hydra support for your suicidal unit types… but you don’t have it.

4 Likes

probably best to set difficulty > hard until commander is level 15

5 Likes

Yep… Already in fear of that.

Im generally able to carry my weight on a lvl 1. At least on one of my favorite comms. But surely not able to carry another complete sucker on lvl 1 trough any brutal :´D

1 Like

Leveling Karax right now, enjoying a crippled commander on Hard, won’t even bother with Brutal until later on. Better to play more enjoyable matches than a few really frustrating ones.

(Also forgot how awful Karax was when leveling up, oh my god)

7 Likes

You can also handpick your maps and play on Brutal.
Lowbie Karax is okay on brutal if you only play defense maps with architect of war.
Most commanders should be able to handle VT/RtK on brutal from level 1.

1 Like

It also doesn’t help when most of the time you partner with other blue levels who wants to get to the prestige level (for me this happens about 95% of the time).

This is like how you are mostly made to team up with blue level players when new commnaders come out but this time I believe it will take much longer as all 18 commander are involved…

If only Blizzard could release super 10th anniversary bonus XP which gives out at least +50,000XP per game, they could make grinding more “tolerable”.
From what I see prestige system is still under development, I base this statement upon how the prestige UI didn’t counted the gained prestige points as well as not properly shown which prestige mode you were in in early stages.

2 Likes

Play Dehaka. Brutal is easy peasy.

Beat Brutation at level 7.

If only someone at Blizzard could have anticipated this!

I’m not grinding for prestige, and all I see on Brutal are single digit level players. There is no more obvious proof how tedious the grind is than people not willing to scale down to Normal or Hard.

It’s miserable all around.

7 Likes

Yes, it’s very important that you pay attention to whether or not leveling with your Prestige turned on is going to drastically hinder you or not. Many of the Prestiges aren’t really in effect until you acquire certain Talents from levels, so you are literally only gaining disadvantages (and some of them are pretty harsh!).

That said, I had no problem starting normal Zagara at level 1 Brutal, I’ve seen several people claim Zagara is weak in early levels but I just don’t see it. A friend and I are leveling Artanis+Abathur together (Artanis is barf at level 1) and we started level 1 on Brutal and then moved to Brutal+ at level 7.

1 Like

VT maybe but not RtK with its early attack wave @ 2:30, arrives by 3:00 depending on the enemy comp. imho.

Something like OE is much easier for low levels since you could turtle up while also getting the bonus trains.

Just to be clear, I’m talking about average players. Not the ‘git gud bruh’ pros who should really just play Brutal+2 from level 1 to mastery 1.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, if you’re having trouble just play 1-2 to get a few levels under the belt. Those few extra talents will make the difference if you can’t handle brutal at level1.

The problem is, some commanders are extremely weak at speed-run with low levels.

Lv1 Zeratul can destroy brutal, but lv1 Kerrigan, Zagara, Kharax, and etc suffer when they try to clear lower difficulty fast.

Kharax, for example, has its most important talent at lv11. Dev doesn’t even move it to earlier level and force us to ENJOY lamed commander 3 times.

You can do it, grind all commanders to 15 with all their prestiges :grinning:

But seriously u just grind the ones that u like, u don’t need to grind all of it.

If brutal is too tough, u could go to hard until u unlock key talents.

1 Like

Yeah, be more like Glen. Try to see the positive.

I tested Karax on PTR, played him at level 1 4 times in a row and he held his own just fine, despite no instant warps and high prices.

I still urge that for those of you having trouble to see this as just a perception problem, originated from your current skill level. And this presents some rare opportunities to figure out what you can improve on.

These help you learn far better than the easy tools of talents and mastery provide. Once you can do this properly, adding those talents and masteries will make you that much stronger of a player.

1 Like

As someone who is grinding Prestige, I can tell you that I have absolutely no problems queueing Hard, and getting matched with other people on Hard.

Don’t lump me into your preconceived notions. I’m perfectly willing to take a temporary nerf to gain a permanent buff, which just so happens, will increase the amount of fun I have later on down the line.

And you know what the weirdest part is? A lot of other people are willing to do it too. As evidenced by the stream of submastery people you’re queueing with.

2 Likes

Exactly, just let these few individuals have their rant lol.

They always come around, every time new content shows up. One look at their post history, anyone with a smear of intelligence can tell. They aren’t actually active on the forum to provide useful feedback, simply show up to post “Booo, I don’t like this.” Then when they get tired of debating with people like me, or they finally realize nobody (the devs) aren’t listening, then they simply vanish again.

You people are complaining that you have troubles doing maps with low level commander on the highest difficulty? What about doing it on hard, then? I guess after you reach the max level, you will go back to complaining that brutal is too easy. :rage:

1 Like

I don’t think I was ever threatened by that attack wave. Even with commanders that pop out their hero unit at 4:00 and have nothing before that. Usually your command center can tank the wave until you can kill them, or you can use a worker or two to kite them around or something. And that’s if you have two commanders which both have nothing before 4:00, which is what, Kerrigan and Zeratul (if he uses his army summon to clear rocks instead of saving it)?

Why should we play with low level commander? Low level means less talents and less variety. Leveling up and getting talents one by one can be interesting when we do it for the first time. But leveling up for 4 times per commander? No, at least not for me.

With lower experience bonus and longer grinding time, huh?

There have been plenty of people who complained about that and Dev added brutal+.

1 Like