Graphical issues with particle effects (mostly around portraits) on MacBook Pro 16"

I’ve noticed that the various particle effects in portraits don’t seem to be bounded by the portrait box. This isn’t anything new - it’s been that way since purchasing this MacBook.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Can’t post a link, but, imgur .com/a/L6XHwC5 is an illustrative example of the issue - the particle effect should not be extending beyond the portrait window. This is not limited to the bottom right portrait - it can also happen whenever a Co-op narrative character says something, like Stettman in the Terrazine farming mission.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this or what could be causing it? OpenGL is unplayable right now, and I believe it has the issue as well.

1 Like

i see nothing wrong there. in order to better demonstrate your issue, you should post a video. i am not however sure how compatible your gpu is with this game. this game runs on an engine from 2007 and it might have issues with newer arcitectures. your cpu might also be a bit slow but, nothing serious. maybe you could look for some different drivers to make your gpu more compatible with the game. that is however the limit of my knowledge, as i mostly do not buy amd gpus. i know that you do not have a choice however but, i can not help you further.

I have the same issue, also on the MBP 16", but with the 5500 M 8GB video card.

Same issue on a Mac Pro with a W5700X GPU.

Same issue, iMac 2020, Big Sur, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB, using the Metal driver in the game client.