Gateway units doesnt scale well cos of warpgate & w prism

nerf those 2 then you can buff/rework gateway units to increase skill cealing of toss and finally win a tournament? but hey this game is in maintenance mode lets just hope for a miracle for a sc3

1 Like

I tell this allready years. GW units cannt do well cuz after a good engagement you warp in another round and Z/T cannot trade well if Protoss were more powerfull. Thats why Im not wondering why every Bronztoss goes SG units

It’s pretty sad. The secret to having “good” builds vs Zerg or Terran basically relies on simply not making any gateway units except archons. That’s it, really. So what does that make Toss? A mech race… Yet, not one has ever tried to balance “Toss mech.” The only mech that has ever existed in anyone’s vernacular is Terran mech, thus that’s all anyone has cared about, despite Terran actually having viable/good alternatives and their mech being better than “Toss’ mech.”

Sums up the world. Senseless and unfair.

4 Likes

Lolol delete warp mechanic witch lore change to buff gate unit sure no cause you ruined race lore

If that were to happen the simple buff of GW units would not be enough. The drastic drop in Protoss mobility would need the dropping of Mothership and the reintroduction of Arbiters.
Those scumbags make the following calculation:

1. Remove the warp mechanics.
  2. Buff the GW units.
  3. Whine for a month or two against Point 2.
  4. Revert the buffs while warp is gone…

:joy: Same old story nothing new

1 Like

Show me where warp gate existed in BW. I’ll wait.

After you would show the speed-bonus creep and the “flying transporting” …medics in BW.
WP is the protoss response to all that.
It’s funny how morons bark at the warp-technology in SC2 while not peeping a squeak about the two other corresponding mechanics of the two other races.

2 Likes

The guy already answer

Lol yeah sorry, I should have gone beyond the purview of the comment I was responding to because that’s totally an onus that is upon me as the responder. (Hint: That’s not how things work).

The statement I responded to said Warp Gate should be continued only due to racial lore (which is 100% meaningless in a 1v1 rts) and presented no other justification. The point of RTS is balanced competition, not lore. If you want lore go play an RPG.

With all that in mind, my response was apt: Warp gate was never a part of racial lore for Protoss originally. So to say that is the reason it should be maintained is patently false.

As for your ad hominem attack, you should be aware that any direct or indirect personal attack is a violation of ToS so you would be best off editing or removing your comment.

Update: Ah, looks like your comment was already flagged and moderated due to content.

See my response. Their response didn’t address the issue you had raised nor did it address my response in that context. Therefore, the argument they presented is a straw man.

Gateway units doesnt scale well

Your claim is precise but not accurate:

Warp is there for balance reasons not lore.
As about removing my post, i will do it with immense pleasure after you will give me the names of dirtbags (i hope you are not included in that d-bag list) that reported my honest and friendly post.
After, not before.
Till then, have a good experience in this forum.

Again, if you read the chain of conversation prior to your interjection you would gain the understanding and context that it appears you are missing.