Game stays minimized

When launching the game, it stays minimized to the menu bar in windows 10.

I tried resetting in game settings from the launcher, and my Graphics drivers are up to date, I restarted my computer. Nothing helped.

Also, when trying to search google for this topic, i am having a hard time searching for similar threads, they seem to all be in this blizzard forum, but google points me to the main blizzard page every time even when clicking a subtopic. Then the blizzard forum search bar does not find the same relevant results which google found, but im being redirected to the main page instead of the specific topic.

It’s been a wierd day.

1 Like

Hey there Hoplite,

I checked this out and want to try some steps.

Lets change the screen resolution then switch it back. This is something we have been seeing resolve problems like this with the game being stuck.

1. Right click the desktop
  2. Select Display settings
  3. Select Advanced Display settings
  4. Click the drop down to change the Screen resolution
  5. Change it to what ever you want, we will just change it back after
  6. With this done, before you start the game, lets Reset the game settings

If this does not help, I would love to get the DxDiag. It will help us delve deeper in to what could be the cause here.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

Hope to hear from you soon.

/Nathardrick

This is happening to me and it’s driving me crazy. I have a 21:9 ultrawide monitor and it has made playing SC2 a complete nightmare. By default, it wants to stretch SC to fit my screen as 1920x1080. I get different results if I go to the Nvidia Control panel and change the stretching options. My default it’s set to [Aspect Ratio, Perform Scaling on Display] but I’ve noticed if I check “Override the scaling mode set by games and programs” or set it to No Scaling instead of Aspect ratio that I get the black bars on the side of the properly scaled which is what I want. The problem is, when I do this, despite it running full screen my mouse can still travel freely to my other monitors, which doesn’t happen in Heroes of the Storm. If I click outside the game, it minimizes and I cannot bring it back up again. I have to force quit out.

I don’t know why this is suddenly happening.

Rig:
i7-6700k @ 4.0ghz
Geforce GTX 1070 ti
32GB 3000mhz DDR4

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.