Game performance worse since new patch

Hello,

Ever since the new patch I have been struggling to play due to unexpected frame drops especially when changing screens.

I wasn’t experiencing any of these issues before the update when I was using OpenGL 2.1.

Thank you!

1 Like

Same here, game is unplayable

bump! I’m curious how many others are experiencing something similar.

I’m also curious why Open GL 2.1 is no longer available.

Thanks!

I cannot even start the game too. I think it has been two patches since it did start properly. This sounds widespread from other posts. Reinstalled game, did a scan, updated OS Mojave, etc… Shameful that last patch did not remedy the problem.

Best Regards,

Mark

you could try to run it in metal instead of opengl. that should give you a performance boost.

Can I block you somehow?

i am trying to help. starcraft 2 supports opengl and metal on mac os. running in metal might give better performance.

Any comment on these threads will help get more people to see it! Don’t be so hostile lol

Thank you!

Do you know how to run it in Metal? The only render option I have now is OpenGL4.1

which version of mac os do you have? what gpu do you have? if you have an os older than 5 years, you need to update.

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
  • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
  • macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.6)

I was running the game with success before patch 4.10.0.

then your mac is simply too old. metal only supports intel hd 4000 and newer. you never specified your hardware before. if you had, i would not even have suggested metal. let me be blunt: intel hd 3000 is not very good for running starcraft 2. i have tried running it on that gpu myself. you need to set everything on low and it still lags like crazy. only advice i can give you then is to get a new one.

Yeah, it’s far from optimal. Still though, I was able to play the game with decent performance up until patch 4.10.0. It only started consistently lagging after that patch.

I’m mostly just curious as to why OpenGL2.1 was removed. I know it’s old. Maybe it takes a lot of extra work to support?

Also, will OpenGL4.1 ever run as well as 2.1 did for me?

It’s a bummer because one day I’m playing and really enjoying sc2, then after a single patch it’s difficult to play.
:frowning:

that is the problem when you rely on too old hardware, then you get a shock. nothing i say can help when you are running such old hardware. that gpu works much worse on pc however. on pc: it completely stalled when i was grouped with a player playing stukov. you should buy a new laptop. another option is an external gpu connected through usb or thunderbolt.

Just ignore him. He means well but his technical knowledge appears to be very low. He hangs out on the forums and just answers in gibberish.

just ignore him, he stalks me on the forums and trolls many of my posts.