Game not launching due to video issue

I just got a new PC. Loaded WoW, launched just fine. Downloaded SC, tried to launch, got 28D90085-7A2D-4B8D-97F5-D180AD583359 error code, saying I was running low on video memory. That shouldn’t happen, since it’s the only thing running and my video card has plenty of memory (8 meg). Restarted the PC, same thing. Anyone else seeing this? Or, any help from tech support?

Howdy JimmyHawkeye,

It does look an issue happening due to the graphics. From what I can tell, the game is trying to use the onboard AMD graphics. It’s possible that there is an issue with the drivers or something else causing a conflict. Unfortunately AMD doesn’t seem to have Windows 10 drivers available for that card. If you have another video card make sure that the game is launching with that hardware.

If you still need help, let’s get a DxDiag so we can take a look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformatted text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

Hi, I believe I am having the same issue, also due to an AMD Graphics Card on a brand new laptop I just bought. As I understand there is currently no fix for this?

If AMD doesn’t have Win10 drivers for your specific intergrated graphics card, it may be the same problem as the OP.

Does your laptop have a discrete graphics card? If so, you’ll have to try setting SC2 to use that. Make sure the discrete card’s drivers are up to date too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.