Game Connection Errors

Hey! I’ve played a couple game today as Terran on 1v1 ladder, Americas Server. About 5 or 6 min into each game I get an “attempting to reconnect” and then I just drop. This started happening just after the new patch went live. It’s not because of my internet connection because that is working fine. I also double checked my securities and both battle.net and StarCraft have full network permissions. Plz fix so I can get back to laddering.

UPDATE: I Repaired the game and tried to play a match, then it dropped again. I then decided to entirely reinstall the game and it still dropped me afterwards. Plz fix blizzard <3

ANOTHER UPDATE: I’ve been playing with the error a little. I’ve noticed every OTHER game I play, I see the drop error happen. And its usually at 5:00-5:10 into the game.

Hey DragonKnight,

I was playing Starcraft 2 just 5 mintutes ago and i was suddenly discconected while i was playing during the match up. It also went offline all of the sudden. It needs to be fixed. Thx.

Walter Chow

This exact thing has been happening to me too, for at least a couple weeks. I just now thought to check the forums. It doesn’t always happen, but when it does, it’s usually during my first few games, and within the first 2 minutes or so. I’ll usually be able to get a good run eventually, but there is still always the chance of the occasional drop.

It’s very annoying, especially when playing ranked. I’ve started opening with a co-op match to test the waters. Would love to have this looked into, thanks.

Update: Immediately after posting here, I try to play again and can’t find a single match, even after restarting the game. I then try logging out and back in, and I immediately get a match, only to be dropped one minute into the game, once again. Can confirm that my internet is 100% fine. Maybe I won’t be playing tonight…

Hey you guy’s,

Do you guy’s have a problem with other players when playing during game play that they want to lose the match or don’t want to play match at all. It happened to me this week and it get me. Thx.

Walter Chow

If you’re referring to people quitting the game, that does happen occasionally, but it has nothing to do with this, and it’s not a problem. OP and I are talking about getting disconnected. You can clearly tell this is happening when the window pops up saying “attempting to reconnect.”

1 Like