Gabriel Tosh Commander Concept

I want to think that, but my experience with EA says otherwise…

And even then, I believe M$ takes over around 2023, so it may be a year from then if we get anything, if at al

1 Like

Desperate hope, Tosh of all characters shouldn’t have missed heroes of the storm or coop , at least we hot mengsk before it all goes down

Desparate hopium

20cccchhhaaarrssss

Maybe Combat Drugs may be useful upgrade for Tosh’s infantry units and also why does he hire Protoss units? He supposed to be recruiting super soldiers, including Spectres. Phantom? It’s like Raynor’s Dusk Wings on steroids, but if he has a prestige like that, it would be a blast.

I wanted to take his relation to terrazine to the next level, making him build relations with protoss companions and combine technologies from both races making him unique amongst commanders

He trains only spectres while the rest are mercenaries he hire , terran and protoss mercenaries

The prestige could be something similar to Alarak where he can hire permament phantoms instead of having them as a top bar ability but his base version still needs some kind of emergency button and pushing power

My version of Tosh would be better:

You definitely put much more effort in this than I did but your concept feels less unique amongst other commanders, it is regular doesn’t have niche perks

I think this should just drop the “Tosh commander” label.
Introduction of random mercenaries and protoss would fit better under someone/something else, with Tosh just being used by that commander, if not replaced by just a similar special unit.

I think Valerian would be able to warp in his units if he had become a Commander.

Why are you even thinking that ? Why Valerian should be a commander when we got Arcturus, if anything he would depend on diplomacy as a resource to balance out his allies ( forces )

I think you didn’t read everything

I’d drop my own Tosh concept but it’s buried way too deep in the forums for me to dig it up.

1 Like

I would have loved to read it

If I remember correctly, Mobius (worked for Valerian) had a Reverse- Engineered Pylon (Epilogue of Legacy of the Void). Something he could get ahold of easily. Valerian could use those to warp in his units.

As for what army could he use? Valerian has the closest relationship with the Umojans than anyone else that could have become a Commander (Valerian is half Umojan on his mother’s side if I recall correctly).

What about units? It’s been too long since I’ve last thought about Commander Concepts but I do remember there are still unused units. I might have made a concept on the forum at one point but I don’t remember. Still, I’m sure that there is enough for Valerian to have become a Commander had Blizzard not stopped support.

1 Like

Yes but lore wise once the end war begin, Mobeius belong to Amon not anyone else so it won’t be so easy getting their private technologies, it needs to be stolen by someone like Tosh & his spectres.

Now you’re talking , that’s the good stuff.
Make Valerian command Umojans or better in my opinion make him rely on a diplomacy mechanic that enable him recruiting from Umojans, Kelmorians, Raiders & Dominion

Valerian being quite savvy; I’d guess he’d have the blueprints of those “Pylons” even before Mobius would have defected. Besides; most of Mobius did work for Valerian before they defected. He would be the most likely to get ahold of that technology.

1 Like

Actually no, it was the other way around, Narud/Duran was playing both Arcturus and Valerian, they didn’t know or have access to everything Mobieus had, Mobieus had a lot of secrets hidden from even their sponsors.
I am not saying that Pylon containers were one of these secrets because it is trivial anyway but still the technology itself appeared very late just before the end war and after Kerrigan crushed the Terran dominion and killed Arcturus so I think there was no time or chance for Valerian to Obtain and deploy this new innovation.

At this point; Co op would only care if it fits. I think it fit Valerian the best.

Nothing spectacular. It is heavily based on NOD in C&C 3 where your army does a lot of burst damage and relies on stealth but will suck in sustained fights so you need to do hit and runs with them. Then for the spectres themselves I went with how they are portrayed in the Wings of Liberty campaign where they start out as trainees and have a progression system like Mengsk’s RG where they get their full spectre powers only when they have honed their skills (i.e. fight and stay alive in the mission)

1 Like

Sounds good, but does he have a good defensive answer to withstand waves ?