Future of SC storyline?

Says the original game! Seriously, how can you place anything above the StarCraft: Original in term of retcon? From Doylist perspective, which you seem to favor above other, the game should be above everything; the rest is a product of bad management.

It would be if he actually play it. I start to wonder why he like to talk about this game so much, but refuse to actually play it.

It’s like saying that you like the lyric of Carpenters’, but refuse to listen to their work.

bUt WhAt aBoUt tHe mAnUaL?

1 Like

I think one is confusing Ep 2 with Ep 6, which was effectively the Kerrigan campaign with some Zergs thrown in it.
Just like HotS, but at least you have Zerg characters in HotS.

BW was really missing Ep 3.5 the Daggoth campaign.

The thing about the new Zerg characters is that they can actually interact with non-Zerg characters. The Overmind and it’s Cerebrates really only are able/care to talk with each other and others within the Swarm, which makes it hard to use them as characters outside of their own campaign.

4 Likes

The Second Overmind being a voice-less McGuffin that existed just to be taken over by the UED and killed by Kerrigan was also a really odd choice.

BW was rather glutted with characters by the zerg campaign, so I can kind of understand it.

Well, way back when I played the game for the first time. I thought to myself that killing Overmind and Cerebrate is kind of pointless. The Zerg can just clone him, so it wasn’t weird for me.

(Actually, it wasn’t the first time. I have no idea what was going on back then due to my English. Or the second time for that matter…)