Found Neat Hotkey Fix Because It Was Disappearing

Hello all you StarCraft II fans. I thought I would share some of my insight to a neat fix I found in regards to the hotkeys disappearing when switching game modes, sometimes it overlaps and screws everything up and it takes me 1 hour to redo CO-OP hotkeys but not anymore!

Start StarCraft II and go into your game mode so it shows up in the main menu so you can take your time setting up your hotkeys. Once you are finished with setting up your hotkeys exit the game and battle.net entirely. Now go into Windows Explorer or Folder View then Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts/Some weird number like 90670172 or other number/Hotkeys/and then you will see your hotkeys file. Copy and Paste that file to your desktop. A lot of the times my hotkeys work but when it doesn’t its a pain to redo them all and so I have tried 3 different varieties. 1 copy and paste before you enter the game, 2 copy and paste while game is live, if that doesn’t work while in a live game go to hotkeys and just simply switch between hotkey profiles and it will show up, 3 and if it doesn’t ever time I went back to the main menu it showed up. Make sure to “Replace Files in Destination Folder”.

Hope this helps!!! Thought I might tell you guys this one new trick that video game companies hate, lol jk. Enjoy!

1 Like

Make sure that when you have the file on the desktop to copy and paste it to the Documents folder or else you might lose the file from dragging and dropping it. Then you would have to redo the whole thing. Or just copy and paste it from the Documents back to the desktop again but that could risk screwing it up if you go in the game and the hotkeys disappear from the 1st game.

75% of the time it worked when switching between ladder and CO-OP but sometimes it would wipe it out and that’s what drove me to find this fix. Obviously you can do this with as many hotkey profile text documents as you want.

This actually fixed my problem. I was having issues as none of my old hotkeys were showing on my new laptop (Fresh install, last time I oplayed SC2 was a year ago). I tried creating new profiles but none were saving, I tried playing games on different modes but the changes that I did was not taking effect.

I found the folder that you were pertaining to and deleted it. I then opened SC2 and it dinally started saving my hotkeys. Thank you!