Forgives Kerrigan but not Mengsk?

#ILOVETBO
#YESIKNOWYOUGUYSKNOW

But seriously, you are hitting the thing I couldn’t pinpoint here.

2 Likes

Someone wake Admiral Yi Sun-Shin from the dead.

1 Like

I kind of feel like you guys put a different level of importance to a scale of said war crimes.

And it makes perfect tactical sense to immediately promote a random outlaw from a fringe world to your inner circle, or to chase a psi-emitter when every populated planet in your path probably has dozens of undocumented ghosts, or to lavish special attention on one girl when your armies number in the millions?

The allies should have totally opened a warp rift to Berlin instead of launching that unnecessary amphibious invasion. :man_shrugging:

Basically everyone is a war criminal per Kelthar’s definition.

He’s saying using biological weapons is technically a war crime even though there’s no evidence our side used it in Rebel Yell against civilians. And then he’s comparing it to Kerrigan who destroys whole planets with…Zerg.

Remind me guys, are Zerg a biological weapon? :thinking:

1 Like

His rank is Captain. In spite of his appearance in the mission briefings, he isn’t actually terribly high ranking in the SoK structure.

And the Psi-emitter is a biological compulsion to the zerg, not a “tactical decision”.

That’s an interesting question, actually, ignoring the sass behind it. Certainly things like defilers and queens would be, but do things like hydralisks count?

I’d say hydras count just cuz of the poison. I’d also say any zerg count really because of the possibility of infestation which id say is worse than anything we have.

While SC2 does take some liberties with it, Infestation isn’t a contageous disease you catch from simply proximity to zerg. You need to be taken alive and then subjected to a procedure. They’ve certainly been getting better about doing it quickly, but simply fighting any given zerg is not enough to get you infested.

No it isn’t. If that was true, then emitters would be used against them whenever convenient. It isn’t. That suggests either the emitter doesn’t work that way, or everyone is an idiot.

It IS used against them whenever its convenient. Theres just not a lot of benefit to concentrating a planet’s worth of zerg in one place most of the time. The newest book actually specifically calls out that emitters were used during the war to keep the zerg away from civilian areas, but that it makes them a real pain to fight because they just bull rush you in a giant mob that you cant stop well.

1 Like

Then herd them into a black hole. It worked in Stargate SG-1 when the same ploy was used against replicators.

Sure. They just have to invent a black-hole-proof psi-emitter first.

I know, I’m just bundling them together into one because zerglings aren’t usually by themselves. They’re a swarm. The question is whether or not the virus always travels with the swarm or always gets deployed. Certainly, infestors never seem to be out of infested Terran cannon fodder.

Anyway, I’d pick radiation sickness over infestation for sure. The latter is an actual nightmare.

Neither are great, and certainly I wouldn’t want to fight zerg at all, but then I wouldn’t want to fight a firebat at all either. Or a high templar. Nobody in StarCraft seems particularly concerned with humane treatment of enemy combatants.

Just shoot the firebat in the propane tank and watch him explode. You’ll be fine.

Can I shoot the high templar in his propane tank too?

I would be all for some hippie protags in Blizzard games trying to set up some Geneva convention laws, but I can’t imagine the average fan would be too excited about that

1 Like

EMP shot?

I noticed that you could change a few names around so that Koprulu was a single system or even a single planet and the plot would barely change. The story treats planets like small towns.

Quite a common problem.

Delete the initial /

/tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScifiWritersHaveNoSenseOfScale

This page even has subsections.