For those who struggle

Hello, guys. For those who wanna learn and advance as Protoss and has issues with build I would like to recommend few solid macro builds:

First of all from great content every week I recommend you to watch Harstem’s youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRdB9rqzP2m7bPYb5drH_Q

PvT

Blink into colossus: Blink stalker colossus versus Terran | Guide - YouTube
Colossus opener [Guide] Colossus opening destroying terrans - YouTube
Dts opener How to DESTROY Terrans who don't build detection. | GUIDE | - YouTube
Zest 2 gate blink Zest's 2 gate blink - YouTube

PvZ

Free coaching session : Coaching Casually Explained EP 01: The Builds And Unscripted Jokes. - YouTube

1 Like

Harstem is great but I feel like he caters to the low masters and up group. Many of his builds are so nuanced and just don’t work against lower ranked players who cut drones and build army unlike the GM’s these builds target. The archon drop build for example is nice but so many low ranked zergs are cheesers and will rush you and you have nothing but one adept and one stalker since the dt rush cuts all other units in favor of getting them out and warped in across the map in a very tight build order. These builds also expect that your opponent will play rationally and so many archon drops I’ve done at low levels the guy didn’t even take a third and was like doing 2 base muta or something or a baneling bust at like 5 mins (super late wtf again)

I wouldn’t really recommend them for people less than diamond 1 honestly. I’m not saying they don’t work but they certainly work better against people who know how to play the game properly. It’s like chess openers. you can memorize chess opening theory but if you’re playing a random guy on the street who doesn’t know chess opening theory after like 3 moves your memorization is worthless.

Everything you’re describing can be scouted and then you just adjust your build.