Fleet beacon build time

Meanwhile it takes Zerg 71 seconds to build a spire, then 71 more seconds to get a greater spire after having a Hive. And then you need to morph corruptors. But hey Brood Lords are better than carriers so it is fine … not.

It is hillarious that at the time Zerg can get corruptors is usually around the time when Protoss and Terran can start masing their ultimate tier sky units.

Now, Skytoss is mainly Sky (Mothership+10 Carriers+5-6 Voids) with ground support (5-6 HT + 3-4 Archons). No Skytoss can handle Skyzerg without ground-support.
I guess the same is valid for Zerg, you need something to deal with HT - be it Ultras or Lurkers it depends on playstyle.
Maybe Zerg is heavy on gas but i doubt that they are heavier than Protoss.

The carriers are not expensive in gas that is the problem. Each carrier costs the same gas as a bl. For each carrier a zerg has to do about 3 corruptors at least and that is more expensive than the same carrier and is supposed to be the counter! Not to mention that you have to focus to kill the carries which causes wasted dps and makes them tend to stick together which makes them easy prey to the area damage. But that is not a problem if the protoss could be killed before it makes the transition to carriers but that is not possible either thanks to the super batteries. The whole situation is extremely stupid

1 Like

I don’t disagree generally in what you say but don’t forget that Carriers in themselves are just sitting ducks if faced with Corruptors. Without HT/Archons and a bunch of Voids it’s pointless to mass Carriers in whatever number.
That increases considerably the gass-cost of Protoss composition.

Did anyone even read my post? I am suggesting a small time increase. Not a price increase. Just a simple and small time increase. From 46 seconds to something more reasonable like 55-65 seconds.

And again nerf not suprise

1 Like

Carriers and all the interceptors already take long enough to build bud.

Clearly they don’t. The carrier is the single most messed with unit in the game apart from the Infestor that got nerfed into the ground. It has had more adjustments than all other units. Gravator catapult then not, release interceptors then not, cheaper interceptors more expensive interceptors change this build time change that build time, plus a ton of other units have been tweaked with the carrier in mind.

They actually had it removed in the Alpha. Tempest replaced it. “Purists” complained until Blizzard added it back.

Yet with only 3 armor instead of the solid 4 it had in SC1.

What you euphemistically call “adjustments” are simply nerffs.
Release Interceptors - removed
Graviton Catalult - removed
Interceptor build-time - increased by 30-40%
I agree that build-time should be increased but only if some matching buff is given to the Carrier (recall spontaneously and full heal of Interceptors- like BW).
It is not healthy for the game the build-time reduction of Carrier.

And also double the damage for a single shot in release in order to prevent death against mass low tier cheap unit compare carrier price to that in any case never happen so better stay as they are here since nobody care a logic where t3 unit must deal against low tier itself

1 Like