Fenix P2: Attack Speed Mastery, or Champion Health?

I’m almost done leveling Fenix’s P2, and I got to thinking… Optimally for this prestige, should we be taking Champion Attack Speed, or Champion Health? :thinking:

1 Like

I used to be 20 attack speed / 10 hp + shields which is my P0 / P1 set up (both get boosted 20%).

But I think with this prestige it’s better to go all attack speed. Reason being is some champions have independent data web abilities but some like Kaldaris (especially Kaldaris) and Taldarin have data web abilities that coincide with their attacks. So the more often you attack, the more you benefit from the buff. I made the switch to all attack speed this week.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, since Kaldalis and Taldarin’s data webs aren’t on a cooldown.

Pretty sure I have mine in speed.

My choice here is that the point of p2 is to deal as much damage as you can with champions. Attack aligns with it. For Kaldalis especially, even with bulk added doesn’t survive long enough.

I normally have mine in speed as well.

I enjoy P2 just don’t care for the fact that 3/7 of my army is useless against air comps.

Kaldaris the star of this prestige is useless against air
Not sure if Taldarin stored damage hits air when those units are killed, otherwise useless.
Talis is fine.
Mojo is fantastic in the air.
Warbringer data web hits air, auto attack does not, so he’s like 30% useful.
Colarion data web doesn’t hit air, so he’s at 70% of his full usefulness.
2/3 Fenix suits hit air.

I don’t think Fenix needs a buff. But I trade a Kaldaris nerf, for a Colarion anti air buff. Fenix with other prestiges can fair fine against air by making a lot of adepts and scouts but champion wise he’s kind of weak against it.

Actually, optimal for this mastery is to go all health, no attack speed. Reason being that the only champions who’s tactical data webs are actually linked to their attack are Kaldalis and Taldarin, and of those Kaldalis actually gets his attack speed limited by animation speed; even with p0 with full AP and no mastery, Kaldalis doesn’t actually reach his printed attack speed.

Aside from that, there’s also just the fact that Kaldalis, being melee, benefits more from hp that just lets him stay swinging for longer and with p2 Kaldalis becomes roughly 50% of your champion ball’s strength.

1 Like

What if we mixed the two? Would there be a good mix investment?

I will say on paper attack speed seems better but I didn’t consider animation limitations or time spent out of combat due to death.

It be interesting know at what attack speed bonus does non AP Kaldaris essentially max out?

Maybe I’ll go back to 20/10 (+20% both attack speed and HP) or 15/15 (+15% attack speed / +30% HP) split.

I do feel with the 30/0 setup I’m losing mojo too fast against air comps, and Kaldaris borderline too fast against ground comps. Yes units are cheap to replace but it takes the new champion a few seconds to several seconds (depending on how far away my shells are) to get back into combat.

Sorry posting back to back.

There’s also the consideration of stun from Mojo’s auto attack on air units, and Warbringer’s auto attack on ground units, which benefit from attack speed bonus that needs to be considered.

Warbringer is far worse than Kaldalis for capping out. Full attack speed plus an energizer and he’s already not reaching printed. Plus, his tactical data web is for the ability, so that’s the real power he gets with p2. His capital ship shredding is quite impressive.

Mojo does have his stun, but that’s single target so it’s not really as valuable. Plus, with max TDW on p2 his ability will one shot an entire fleet of void rays, and 2 shot things like carriers and battlecruisers. The attacks are basically irrelevant.

1 Like

Generally I think it’s best to go all one or all the other. If you are expecting to be facing long sustained combat with very few loses (I.e. Miner Evacuation or train killing in my OE Kaldalis solo) Then attack speed wins out. Otherwise, even without AP the fact that hp gives 60% while attack speed gives 30% is… rather noticeable.

Kaldalis does shine in p2. He is dps king. I wished they would had included a prestige that focuses on army rather than heroes. Maybe they will in the future.

I think full health is better. But I don’t have him at P2, so just theory :slight_smile:

I was referring to facing air unit comps with the 3/7 quote . Yes P2 Kaldaris recks everything on the ground. But against air comps, he’s only good for killing the hybrid on the ground.

Bit off topic but, does P3 Fenix works with Health mastery? I’m nearly sure doesn’t but I haven’t unlocked to test it out.

Interesting, I’ll have to do some testing too. This is how you can always learn something.

With P3 your champions don’t get default HP bonus but benefit from HP mastery points.

1 Like

For mutators I often prefer the versatility of defense

I rock attack speed for many reasons

1. Mojo’s air attack stuns for only a second, and his default attack rate is greater than that. Mastery puts it under 1 second.
  2. I find that the extra HP means champions don’t die when it is beneficial for them to proc AP. Reducing that fixes it from my experience.
  3. Kaldalis go BRRRRRRRR
1 Like