Fenix: Do you ever start with Stargate?

Of course you can do it, it’s only brutal and you have an ally (who probably carries you). Try playing solo to see the difference.

1 Like

Question: Many Karax players go straight for Carriers and that seem to work out for them, is it because of their superior defense for early game compare to Fenix? On some maps Karax could just cannon some choke points and stay put.

My trollplay with Fenix P2 is to usually go Robotic Facilities only or Stargates only (for missions requiring better anti-air or more mobility).
So yes.
Fenix the hero is versatile enough to cover for that…it’s still trollplay and not optimized.

1 Like

I have yet to see any replay where rushing pure carriers is as effective as other unit comps. Carriers suck in small numbers, especially without attack upgrades, so they take ages to clear early objectives.

I believe the reason pure carriers “work” is that you’re able to beat every map on brutal even playing very poorly as long as you have an okay ally.

1 Like

Mass Scouts works well on infested maps, as their +light damage (combined with instant-hit attack) on anti-ground weapon allows them to kill infested and destroy infested buildings quickly. Meanwhile, Fenix himself can defend early all on his own.

And i think it should also work well on Rifts on Korhal, as you can fly around the map and snipe shards with them (not that it’s needed, though, since Fenix can just teleport his ground army anyway).