Favorite counters against a zerg cheeses?

Hi just wondering what other terran players do when zerg goes pool,hatch or even 12 pool, I’ve been regularly scouting by sending the 17th supply scv across the map but after i scout out what they’re building i seem to just lose as i have no idea what i should be transitioning into.
It’d be nice if you guys an give me some pointers.
Love from a bad diamond player
(i usually go for a 211 build to open with)

I find Zerg players at the low diamond level to be just awful at dealing with mech. Mines are your best friend ( never go without drilling claws )

Also, unless you’re fond of using bio ( which I’ve always been poor with ) 2-1-1 seems like its forcing you to be aggressive with a bio heavy force that needs to get early-ish damage done, and it delays your first cc a bit.

I like to go with a 2 factory blue flame hellion focused opening ( after first 6 hellions or so switching to tank/mine/hellion support)
First few marines can ovie hunt, Hellions give you good map control, can scout expos, and sometimes outright BBQ the Zerg economy into oblivion.

bunker between minerals in the natural and the just started 2nd cc will do wonders as well as a 2-3 banshees (clear natural, deny creep spread, kill creep queens, force spores; keep the banshees alive rather than getting drone kills) and a tank, then scout if ling/bane or just lings (go bio/mine with a few tanks as defense) or roaches (marines + 1 factory for tanks; 2nd factory with the 3rd cc and 3rd factory with the 4th base)
–> +1 tanks 2-shot roaches iirc

If it’s ling/bane into ling/bane/hydra, go marine/tank/ranged liberators.

1 Like