Fatal error whenever I launch the game

I’ve tried repairing, I’ve tried reinstalling 2 times now still getting the same error. I can’t find anything online about the error.
I reset my computer a couple of days ago and tried yesterday to download Starcraft 2 again. But it doesn’t work. I’ve also run battle.net and Starcraft 2 as an administrator but nothing changes. Launch the game comes into a loading screen then it crashes.

Error Code: C8B97949-1F66-46C2-A5B8-A9C0FC2C250A

UPDATE - - - - - NOT RESOLVED
Nevermind think this is a Reference code, where do I find the error code if I can’t reach the game?

Also have tried everything on the forum that I’ve found:
Turning off Discord Overlay,
Updating intel drivers,
Updating Windows,
Restarting computer,
Scan and repair Starcraft 2,
Reinstall Starcraft 2,
Reinstall battle.net & Starcraft 2,
Reset to in-game options,
Turning off and even uninstalling Onedrive

I’m in the loading screen for a second then it crashes or I’m in a black screen for a second or two and then it crashes. Both with fatal errors.

Some more reference codes:
BB0B8334-DDAB-4A7B-88FA-106C8130F869,
44B37F44-C059-40E9-BBDD-BDD8BF7F52F7

Hey Siaff,

In this situation, I would suggest a clean graphics driver install so we can remove the older files and get the latest version. To do this, download the latest Nvidia driver by going here.

Run the installer and select the Nvidia Driver option only. Then I would recommend doing a Custom install and selecting the ‘Perform a clean installation’ option which will remove the older files.

Once the driver install has finished, change the Nvidia settings so that the game is using the Nvidia card:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

1 Like

Thanks so much, gonna hit the ladder now! :smiley: