Experience the frustrations of TurtleCraft 2

Boy am I sure glad I never went pro. I could have but my sixth sense could see this all the way back in 2015. My oh my, what a horrendous mistake it was to design the game to stalemate:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyResilientPeanutKappa-xYhSo3cxNT9yu6p5

Time to bring back game ending moments. The person who would have won still wins in the end, it just takes a 50 minute stalemate game for the same outcome to resolve. At least with strong negative outcomes there was a heavy emphasis on strategy, which was used to control the game state and avoid the scenarios with strong negative outcomes. If you can’t be punished, harshly, for mistakes, then they don’t matter and there is no reason to not make them. You can mess up left, right and center and still the game takes 50 minutes to resolve. If playing better doesn’t help the game resolve, then what does? Ah yes, endurance and endurance alone. Endurance resolves the outcome as long as you are willing to waste 50 minutes doing it.

What a terrible way to design a “strategy” game.

8 Likes

Yeah man this airtoss turtle meta is doing really bad for the game. No idea what Blizzard was thinking with quadruple simultaneous buffs for Void Rays and Shield Battery overcharge.

No wonder the game population is at all time low, this is what Protoss meta does to Starcraft.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
Somebody advise this 5000MMR clown that “pros” exist in the 6500-7400MMR range.
Flag the scumbag and pass on.

2 Likes

The scumbag was flagged, right after my flag the clown went dark…

Reading comprehension is hard

1 Like

Last time I played SC2 I was beating top protoss players with mass ultralisks. I know it is hard for you to understand just how insane of an accomplishment that is. Let me break it down for you. The top of the NA ladder I was playing on at the time had players like Probe and Puck and PartinG as the top Protoss, aka people who are generally 6.3k mmr on the Korean grandmaster. Beating them with the strongest builds in the game, aka standard builds, would be very difficult. Beating them without the strongest builds is thousand times harder. For example, the ultralisk is probably the most over countered unit in PvZ. Even blink stalkers beat them since blink and stalker movement is faster than ultras off creep. You can literally spam a tier 1 Protoss unit and beat mass ultralisk even adding in spellcasters like vipers. That’s not to mention all the other counters Protoss has and which are much stronger than even that. Effortlessly beating Code S tier Protoss players on a balance patch that heavily favors Protoss, with troll builds that are far weaker than standard strategies, isn’t just indicia but defacto proof that I could go pro if I actually cared about this game enough to practice it 8 hours a day. I was just messing around one weekend in a super easy video game that frankly bores me to death, adding in artificial difficulties and still beating the top 0.001% of the skill ladder. Imagine what I could do if I actually practiced the game as much as they do, if I actually aimed to make my strategies stronger rather than weaker. It would be such a waste of time because we both know how it would turn out. I would clown on them and it would be easy and at the end of it I would be wondering WTF I am doing with my life to have wasted precious seconds of my life doing something that incredibly easy.

3 Likes

Nobody knows who you are,and more importantly,nobody cares.
I login to the forums once every 2-4 months,and it’s always the same people spamming whine threads!Why is this forum such important part of your daily lives?
The game is pretty much dead and Blizzard themselves said they won’t be taking care of balance.Starcraft 2 and Wc3 Reforged have been put on the bottom shelf,lowest possible priority.Hell,even Diablo 3 gets more attention!Get this through your thick heads!
People like Seizon,batz and all the other notorious terran whiners,a bunch of nobodies in the community,who still keep b**hing about balance to this day.You didn’t change anything.You guys are cancer on these forums and quite possibly in-game as well.

4 Likes

That’s wrong,the term pro is the most misleading thing ever if you tie that word to skill. A pro is one person who plays the gsme profesionally,even Florencio or Neuro are pros.Then you have full time pros and semi pros who play the game but alsp do other things with their lives (most of the players are not actually full time).
The goods pros are the ones who can sustain themselves with prize money,not streaming or anything else.

It’s funny he thinks he would be a great player if he wanted, at most he would be the Zerg Avilo,average player with a terrible attitude.

1 Like

Imagine trying to flex about being morally superior because you don’t post on a forum, as you post on a forum.

Correct.

You have personally liked tons of my posts kiddo. Time for a reality check.

My comments about a video game carry so much weight they trigger streamers to go into fits of rage, giving them PTSD that persists for a decade - they create videos about me and post them to YouTube wherein they scream primal insults about appendage length like an Ape thumping their chest at an existential threat. At times they have been so deranged I have even retained a lawyer in case I needed to file harassment charges.

I joke about apes a lot but, honestly, in every joke there is a kernel of truth. Technology has far outpaced brain development. There are huge swaths of the population who don’t understand basic modern concepts like statistics and mathematics - not too long ago, the average American thought a 1/4 pound cheeseburger was larger than a 1/3 pound cheeseburger - and these aren’t anywhere near the complexity of computer systems which are heavy integrated into our very lives. Humans are very much, by far and large, apes wandering around in a new technical forest.

YouTube and Twitch are kinda like a new type of a zoo where you can go and see all the interesting wildlife that exists in the remote regions of the planet. I’ve always thought it is rather bad to make mistakes, even small ones, since the small ones are caused by subtle flaws in knowledge and reasoning and can grow and cascade into real problems if you were to reinforce those thought patterns. Some people think it’s great to act deplorable. They think it’s so great, they do it and record it and post it to YouTube like what they are posting is of greater value than what Shakespeare or Einstein contributed. That’s irrational confidence for you right there. I am going to mess up left, right and center; I can’t tell up from down and wet from dry, but I am going to confidently plaster my whole life to social media like I am Donald Trump himself. Talk about a YUUUUGE mistake.

1 Like

No,i haven’t,i barely like any posts at all.

You don’t see me spreading cancer around here.On the other hand,that is the only thing you do.Constantly trying to win arguments in this forgotten place,speaks volumes about your deep personal issues.

4 Likes

just wondering if you know OP is batz or not

That’s called denial.

• Derails a topic with cancer accusations; hasn’t even mentioned the topic.
  • Irony clearly lost on him.
1 Like

I don’t deny ever liking your posts,maybe back in 2019 or 2018,but,to say that i liked a TON of your posts,now that’s a lie.

No harm done here,because your threads are not worth anything.

Yeah i know.Who else could it be?You could recognize him from a mile away,if you could actually zoom on his first response to me in this thread,lol.
It’s funny you know,the way he contradicts himself.I remember when he argued agaisnt the use of barcodes and now he has one,rofl.Guy is a joke.

1 Like

Give them an inch and they take a mile. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

denying something happened as hard as you can doesn’t change reality. Either you are having a psychotic break or you are lying. Which one is it?

Don’t try to engage in debate with batz, you’re just gonna get embarrassed like the rest :wink:

2 Likes

You obviously experience reading comprehension difficulties. Liking few of his posts back in the day,hardly makes up for “a ton” and it doesn’t prove anything.

Delusional,as always :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, classic Blizzard fan yes im the only dude on internet im mid 30s early 40s so listen here kiddos let me tell you what’s right and what’s wrong.

(Im not here to balance whine like i said alrdy im not playing anymore im just here for my daily dose of cancer)

I would say gl hf but wrong forum…

I agree. If criterion is just being able to sustain oneself with SC2 then MMR criteria is irrelevant. A pro ca be even somebody in Plat/Dia that has a bright personality (able to attract a lot of subscribers).
I meant GSL-level of Pros.

Ok guys jokes aside but…

Is this REALLY the very end of SC2 ? I see more and more people transitioning to “some other recently release strategy” game including BeastyQT, Lowko, WinterStarCraft etc. I just learned that even current and ex SC2 pro players like, Vortix, MarineLord transitioned as well. Not sure if for good, but trends aren’t lying. Looks like this may be SC2 final moments.

Who knows,at least there is some ESL 2022-2023 season.Nobody that is currently making decent money from sc2 will transition to sc2, that does not include stresmers since they don’t need to git gud at the game and they are just entertainers so going for a quick cashgrab won’t harm their business. Vortix also went to heroes of the storm and wc3 I think. But tbh, I dont see aoe 4 numbers to be impressive considering the initial hype so its high paid/pro scene probably wont be really high.