Experience difficulty bug -Edit: (Not bug just ignorance from me)

Hello, I just played Nova on Rift To Korhal on casual just because I needed 100xp to lvl her to 15 so I figured why not. When I finished the mission I got an 11k “difficulty bonus” even though I played on casual which states a 0% difficulty bonus.
Perhaps it’s a new bug or an old one I don’t know but I felt like I had to share it, and I 100% played on casual, no doubt about it, no mistakes and it wasn’t the “holiday bonus” or similar, straight “Difficulty bonus” on the screen after the mission.

Your partner was playing on hard.

So you didn’t play a casual mission, you played a casual-hard mission, and got hard difficulty bonus for it

1 Like

I am unsure if this is documented or not but lately being paired with a player who chose higher difficulty doesn’t give me more exp.
I played hard, the other is brutal but my exp is still Hard.

They appear to have fixed it somewhere since last year

1 Like

oh I had no idea I could be paired with someone playing another difficulty. So a hard-casual match-up will just average the two or is the maps difficulty in this case hard?

Its a mix Objectives are at the higher difficulty, base attacking waves are at the lower.

Thank you! I learned something new.

Note: this data is from about a year or two ago and may have changed…(but I have definitely gotten bounties for higher levels of weekly mutation last week)

1 Like

That answers why some games have wave timers differentiating from each other, must be my tea mate being at a different difficulty. Really cool.

You can check your mate’s difficulty by hovering your cursor over their building/unit. I always check that to identify how early the wave will come.

That’s definitely a bug. If your ally is on Brutal, you should be getting Brutal exp.

What won’t go up is your ‘games played @ difficulty’ counter. If you queue for Hard and get an ally on Brutal, play a Hard<–>Brutal game and get Brutal exp but your count of games goes up for Hard, not for Brutal. And for the other player, it goes up for Brutal (and Hard, Normal, Casual as per usual).

Of course, if you’re past 500, you don’t see the counter go up further.

Oh! Thank you so much that’s awesome I had no idea. That’s helpful!

1 Like