Expansion #4 Idea Intro

It was incredible. Ancient deities, hybrids, the three races uniting to slay a god.

It would boggle the mind of normal mortals…

Fortunately, the peace made between the three races is fragile and crumbling. That is simpler to understand. The objective has not changed. The enemies of humanity have not changed. The Koprulu Sector will be ours.

Terrans, distant cousins so quickly discarded and had since created cities and forces, convenient to take and use to create a bulwark. Dominion, Umoja, the KMC. They’ll all be reclaimed.

Zerg, a ravenous species, oft compared to ants and bees, but far more vicious. Living weapons that can conquer worlds on their own. Though deemed “untameable,” the Swarm Queen known as Zagara…may be bent…

Protoss, possibly the most dangerous threat from the Koprulu Sector. Elite warriors, potent psionics, advanced robotics, and a space fleet to rival all of humanity’s…they can not be trusted.

Arm the troopers…prep the Valkyries…the Koprulu Sector must be conquered to ensure the future of Earth and humanity and avenge the loss of Admiral DuGalle and Vice Admiral Stukov. Failure here is failure to a home we would not return to.
That is our mission as the United Earth Directorate’s Second Expeditionary Fleet.

Serve the Directorate.
Serve Humanity.
All other priorities are secondary to victory!

That is all…

1 Like

Then it turns out the xel’naga are still alive and secretly controlling the UED.

Also, Earth is blown to smitheroons at the end.

Expansion #5 is about…?

For some reason, this really remind me of the Vietnam War. With a lot more honesty in the propaganda.

The Horde (Tides of Darkness version) coming in from left-field, looking for blood and glory.

But seriously though? I just imagine the UED coming in, their own faction, and somehow causing trouble (I know this intro implies direct action, but I can see them using subterfuge). And it would be a new cycle with maybe Zerg, Protoss, and Terran (in that order) trying to stop them or falling to their machinations.

1 Like

Earth will get blown up at the end. UED is predictable. I want to skip forward to the next big bad evil guy and more xel’naga reveals.

1 Like

Gotcha’ and the big bad is called Noma.

I think you do not give them proper credit, especially since they can essentially become a fourth race. Already have ideas on them having their own Troopers, a la Coop Mengsk’s, with AP grenade launchers, LMG, and anti-light cryo-sprayers. Also thought of a light mecha unit that can also take the same upgrades. As well as reintroducing Valkyries…with maybe their own transformation twist?

1 Like

Is that a reference to something?

To Narud/Duran. Figure.

They’re a lore justification for new skins and co-op armies. Nothing fancy. Blizzard probably forgot about them anyway, as they do.

The xel’naga are the main race of the whole franchise anyway. Their fandom/wikia is the most popular. Therefore, Starcraft = xel’naga (plus Kerry). Everything else, like the three races, is just window dressing.

1 Like

You need to understand something. TrickyHunter is a very strange person. He love to trash talk about this game like how bad it is and that it’s the worst thing because nothing matter and it all will be retcon eventually. He also think that the whole thing is a love story between Kerrigan and Raynor.

The only reason he is here is that he want to recruit people here to… something… about his fanfics which base entirely on the Manual, I think?

2 Likes

My hand…is through my face…that’s how hard I facepalmed at my daftness.

Assuming they go for Koprulu tech instead of bringing their own again, or create another “UED Colonial Conscript” force. And in WoW, they’re revisiting battles against the Scourge, after throwing down with the Legion again and a large scale conflict between Horde and Alliance featuring new allies, navy focuses, a new resource and all after the deaths of their respective leaders (the King of Stormwind and the Warchief)…suspiciously similar to Warcraft 2. I doubt they threw away anything from the past.

And that’s not saying much; it just means there are people who are trying to figure/learn what the flip are the Xel’naga beyond passing comments and references. Everyone else is already present and they’re relatively transparent lore wise.

1 Like

In other words, I’m absolutely correct in my assumption that he does not give proper credit because it turns out he is flat out broke of credit and has nothing better to do with his life than to trashtalk on a random forum site of a game that has been marooned by its makers? And he clearly underestimates how much Blizzard can just pull a new problem from their seat…cushions; see World of Warcraft.

Yeah, if he wants to “recruit” people for fanfics, he should post on DA or something.

I’m here because I’m a xel’naga groupie. Xel’naga rule, everyone else drools. Valerian, Zagara, and whoever leads the protoss are just failed experiments to do… something? What were the xel’naga even doing, anyway? Nevermind. Xel’naga are awesome! Just like the Reapers from Mass Effect!

I can’t make heads or tails of Starcraft story because it was written haphazardly without regard for continuity or any kind of serious world building. The only way I stay sane now is by being a xel’naga groupie. They’re space gods who do whatever the plot requires. Everyone else… also do whatever the plot requires.

You’re preaching the choir, if I’m not mistaken. I think very lowly of Blizzard’s storytelling. I’m only here twiddling my thumbs until another Starcraft-like game gets off the ground and has a better story than Starcraft.

Starcraft has potentially interesting ideas in its lore, but the execution is horrible. It makes me sad and angry and bitter that I was cursed with twenty years of this mediocre storytelling from something I felt could deliver far better.

But the gameplay is fun, I guess. I don’t really care as much because I only played for the campaigns.

I also hate myself for being too discerning to enjoy the story because of its bad storytelling and bad world building.

So you’re a Xel’naga-Jehovah’s witness? Preaching gospel on a race that is 99% dead and only truly represented in ONE title out of five? And even then, only TWO characters and some wannabe hybrids?
Pretty shallow, no?

Overall, it’s more practical and interesting to bring the UED as a separate faction with their own tech and units and not as a Terran spin off (though UED Colonial Conscript skin may be of interest to enthusiasts).

1 Like

He is Trick. He is so much more. And so much less. At the same time.

2 Likes

It’s better than worshiping at the altars of Raynor, Mengsk, or Kerry.

The UED don’t deserve the indignity of being in a Blizzard IP.