E-mail reminder for weekly mutations

Hi!

I’d like to suggest creating an e-mail newsletter/reminder for the weekly mutations.

I forgot to do the previous week’s mutation and it’s annoying me. I thought I did it but apparently I was mistaken.

I think the best solution would be to allow people to subscribe to such a service and send them a reminder, say 48 hours before the weeks end, that says something like: “You have only 48 hours left to complete this weeks mutation!”.

Alternatively, just allow people to complete all of the past mutations from the very beginning. It would be nice to grind them out and catch up in bounty points.

Umm…I’ve had this problem once or twice before. However, a reminder which doesn’t actually track if you’ve done the mutation is just a reminder. So here’s a solution: create a “Repeats Weekly” event in your calendar app of choice, to remind you every Saturday morning (or whenever) to do the mutation.

I’d like this too. But if it’s not for grinding XP or getting Mutation :star:'s, and more to see which mutations you can complete - refer to CtG’s weekly mutation list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NvYbNvHkivOKJ9vWf9EneXxvwMlCC4nkjqHlv6OCRQo

I imagine it would be really easy to check the database for completion and send the reminder only to people that didn’t complete the mutation.

It wasn’t so much that I forgot that Starcraft 2 mutations exist, it was a case of false memory. I thought I did it but I didn’t.

Yeah, same here. Hence I said “a reminder which doesn’t actually track if you’ve done the mutation is just a reminder.”

In order to check against actual completion, you’d need someone to collect people’s email IDs, and then have people submit their completion/non-completion status and then send the reminders to those who haven’t. (And keep email ID’s private while doing that.)

Maybe aommaster (starcraft2coop dot com) or CtG would like to take that up but it seems more effort than it’s worth, when the other option is ‘set a reminder’. However, good for “social/community engagement” for their channels / revenue streams.

I thought it’d be very easy for Blizzard alone to make such a service. Given that we’re allowed to complete the mutations only once for bonus experience, they must already have an entry for completion in the database for everyone’s account. Creating a newsletter that checks for a single variable should be quite simple.

Don’t you guys have phones?

Also, depending on how often you frequent the forums, CtG makes a new thread for every mutation.

1 Like

You should be able to see which level of bounty you have on the current weekly mutation on the weekly mutation screen

The best decicion is to train your memory. Because if you rely on such services even for obvious thing like weekly mutation that happens every week in the same time, it don’t help quality of cognitive functions.

How serious are you with this reply? I’m genuinely curious.

I have a recurring reminder set up from my email client’s calender.

2 Likes

Yes, ok, I was not oblivious to the existence of such technology but it doesn’t solve the problem of a false memory of thinking that you have completed a given week’s mutation already.

Neither personal reminder nor a Bliz reminder would do anything different for false memories.

What do you mean “wouldn’t do anything different”? A reminder 48 or 24 hours before the weeks end would allow me to realize that I hadn’t completed the mutation.

Yeah why not use your own calendar reminder from your phone? You at least have that all the time. What would a bliz reminder app/forum function do that would be different? The point is to remind yourself to do them. Where the reminder comes from doesn’t matter.

I realize now from your reply that you’re not following exactly what I’m proposing so here it is, hopefully, more clearly explained:

1. People subscribe to such a reminder if they want. Probably somewhere in the account settings.
  2. During a given week, probably around 48 or 24 hours before the week’s end, your system checks the subscriber’s accounts for completion of that week’s mutation.
  3. Only those who have not completed the mutation yet receive an e-mail saying something like: “You have 48/24 hours to complete this week’s mutation!”.
  4. People with clearly inferior “quality of cognitive functions” like me then can go: “Wait, I thought I have done it already…hmm… I guess I haven’t because I got this e-mail.”
  5. Everyone wins.

A reminder from Bliz and a reminder set up by you would do the same thing. Both serve to counter any issues with false memories.

Set it up as a task instead of a reminder.