Dying units vanish without death animation

Something that I’ve been seeing lately. Units, when they die, simply vanish into thin air instead of showing their death animations .

I remember seeing this in a professional tournament match (on Twitch) a month or two ago. Back then I thought it was an isolated glitch or perhaps connected to graphics settings of the player or observer. But now I’ve seen this even in my own campaign playing, like in HOTS. So far I haven’t been able to identify the specific conditions where it happens, or whether it’s totally random, but in campaigns it does seem to happen somewhat arbitrarily, most typically with computer player units, but not always, just every now and then.

Has anyone else been seeing this happen?

I think it’s most likely that, and maybe sometimes the game will just start doing that because it think it’s overusing graphics (whether it’s true or not).

Low graphic settings turn dying animation off.

Casters usually have ultra graphics, while pro players have usually low (with medium textures) to reduce probability of graphics freeze.

If it happens from time to time? I do not know, haven’t encountered.
Perhaps on medium only a few animations are included? (dying to acid/fire turned off?)

Well I’m playing with “ultra” graphics so this shouldn’t happen in my campaign playing. Maybe it’s what Undead wrote, that the game somehow cuts corners occasionally, a glitch of some sort but not really in actual game code then? . . .

My PC is around 10 years old already and is sometimes struggling to run SC2 smoothly, and I wonder if that might be, if not outright causing, perhaps contributing to occasional failings of death animations.

" MadHouse1234
1 post

Already solve it… just clear the cache… ty for reply…"

Clearing cache hasn’t helped for me. This thing is still happening and is going worse. More and more often dying units, both mine and enemy ones, just vanish without death animation.

1 Like

I have issue with this too, can’t figure it out how to fix it

anyone found a fix yet?

Ive had this issue since always, and I dont think they will ever fix it, its not like is a game breaking thing