Does not mention cyclone manual range is 7 but autocast is 5

I think this might be another reason proxy void is such a issue for a lot of players this type of thing is really dumb way to kinda nerf a unit .

Yeah,just a bit of lag and the cyclone micro can be even harder,voids can deal some damage even if they are not microed.

No, it’s not. Turret is a good unit and costs half the cost of Cannon (not counting the cost of Pylon) with double the Cannon DPS.
Cyclone with that mobility DPS and range is borderline OP.
Please study your base geometry and build the unit - turret in a suitable location. If Void chases your cyclones, retreat Cyclones behind the unit called “turret”.
I an sure that the Void will not continue the chase…

2 Likes

Dude, give it a rest. Everyone knows what you’re going to say before you even say it, so why bother? Protoss has been favored in PVT for 4 years, and have had ridiculously high average MMR. You’ve already stated that Protoss balanced is as factual as “water is wet” in that thing you call a brain. So just save it.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
:cactus: :rofl: :cactus:

1 Like

The truest counter to proxy voidray is to get vikings out when you can. This not only allows you to pick away at voidrays, it also sets you up against a tempest follow up. Cyclones are only great if you are gearing up to blast through quickly and decisively.

Well we all know when proxy void hits every terran just has an engi bay and turrets; because these things are free and we start with them. /s

Please tell me your next suggestion is to rush Hi-Sec auto tracking and building armor so voids have less room to maneuver and turrets last longer.

2 Likes

Engi bay and turrets are as free as Pylons, Cybers, Stargates and FB (for Tempest switch). It’s not protoss responsibility of why terrans due to their proverbial pig-headedness and stubborness continue to donate games to Void-rush.
Keep doing what you are doing but don’t expect help from Blizzard.
Void and SB are here to stay and only thinking outside of the box (it’s ironic that others have already done that for you) can “save” you.
Throwing tantrums while refusing to use creatively the OP units/structures that you have won’t help you much.

Harstem is just waiting for you clown-games (Soul-type) to roast…

I’m sure you know better than the GSL championship and top ESL Terrans. After all, in every game they hold Proxy Void Ray cancer the first thing they rush is an Engi Bay. Oh, wait…no…not a single successful hold has ever come off the back of static defense. Wonder why…maybe it’s because this isn’t WC3. Maybe it’s because they’re not in silver league. It could be any number of reasons that rushing static defense isn’t a counter to proxy void ray.

It’s amazing how an EZ race like protoss makes players completely ignorant to how SC2 works. Because they pick casual mode on race selection, they think you can just get static defense for free and that it’s a good investment in the early game. Yeah, sorry, but T/Z have to actually play the game. We don’t get free wins like Toss.

Literally no one cares what The Lips thinks. The day he can go toe to toe with Reynor or Clem or even Cure I’ll give some deference to his opinion.

Protoss aren’t just yoloing void rays in the build now. They have a stupid amount of transitions that you all have to consider before planting down turrets like a platinum player.

1 Like

Nah, that is a Cobra-thing. He has a 60% winrate in void-rush and in the 40% of cases that he fails: 35% are when terran positions properly a turret and a bunker in their main.
I would love to convince all those GM terrans that do the turret/bunker trick to stop doing that (as per infinite wisdom of GotBan (that has outsourced all his SC2 knowledge to others) - so Cobra winrate in Void-rush can reach 95%…

aligulac. com/misc/balance/

They’re called “facts,” kid.

1 Like

Don’t exaggerate, FB after Stargate for adding Tempests to Void-rush is not a transition. It’s a extremely heavy commitment that protoss wins or loses on the spot. No way after a failed FB a protoss can survive the first terran counter-attack.

? Parting crushed cure going proxy void ray into 3 gate stalker. There’s the fast blink follow up, dts, fast charge, tempest variant, proxy stargate off 2 gateway pressure. You must be one of those protoss that plant down 10 shield batteries and hope to win then and there.

It’s not the same thing: Proxy Void to 3 gate-stalker is not the same with Proxy-Void + FB.

because terran knows ahead of time if the protoss is going to commit to a FB…

I give my terran opponents advanced notice:
I am going to build a FB in 20 seconds…and then build 2 Robo and 4 Forges (for fast upgrades)-3 for attack/armor/shield and one extra Forge in reserve.
:sweat_drops: :zzz: :zzz:

Watch out, bourne, they’re going to call you a “Batz” and harass you until you stop posting as they did for every other person who posted common sense on these forums (ex: Flack, Berzerk).

Dude, really? You see me attaching “reasonableness” to every Terran whiner on the forums? Do I single out Peekachi as a paragon of logic?

Compared to the PPP he is a brilliant intellectual of such might the world has never before seen.