Do Kerrigan P3 have bugged stats?

Hi,

Today I played with an ally with Kerrigan P3 with an attack of 40 and a range of 3.
This look like to me the stats Kerrigan should have after a Leaping Strike (at least that’s not the stats of the weapon in the map editor)

Do you think it’s bugged? For those that play around the editor, do you see how it could have happened?

edit: okay, seems like I’m confusing, so let’s concentrate on the weapon range of 3 ingame against 6 in editor, and the fact Leaping Strike decrease the range by 3, so at least something weird is happening with range.
For damage, I didn’t think about mastery, that can indeed make things confusing anyway, and the difference being exactly the same as the boost from Leaping Strike may just be an accident.

edit2: let me ask a different question maybe more simple: what decrease her range if it’s not a Leaping Strike effect that should not exist?

1 Like

Not even sure what you’re really asking. Kerrigan had a base attack damage of 40. So that looks right to me.

With mastery it boosts it to 70.

Leap Strike doesn’t change her damage at all. And P3 doesn’t have Leap Strike. So overall just a confusing post to me.

1 Like

If you mean by range -3 and attack +10 that is how it is meant to be.
It’s kind of strange that Kerrigan retains her Primal Stats in her human form and the attack bonus, movement bonus and range penalty when she doesn’t have Leaping attack and Psionic Shift.
Would be much more interesting and fitting to decrease her Health and give her Apocalypse.

You’re referring to the campaign setup I believe, correct?

It’s true that in the campaign if you equip Leaping Strike you get range -3. I’m guessing that the Kerrigan unit in coop just has her range hard coded as 3 (with Leaping Strike not affecting it instead), as until prestige came out there it was reasonable to assume she’d always have the ability.

I understand your confusion but sadly I don’t have the knowledge to investigate.

Can you try to double check the editor? You know just to be sure that it’s coop kerrigan that has 6 range and 40 damage in the editor.

It definitely feels weird.

Done: all Kerrigans I can find with a ranged weapon have a range of 4 or 6 (or 100 lol). No 3 anywhere at least.

1 Like

Can you post the replay and indicate a time if possible about your 3 range, post leap Strike bug?

Cuz it’s kind of hard to understand:

1. What exactly is the problem.
  2. Why it is a problem if you have a 40dmg 3 range Kerri.

The issue is that her stats are supposed to be range 6 and damage 30.
For Primal versions (P0,P1,P2), it could be assumed that they receive the “K5 Primal Slash” upgrade that decrease range and increase damage, and is related to Leaping Strike.
But P3 should not have it.

Additionally, there are no separate versions of Kerrigan, so a trigger/upgrade/effect/who know what should switch things between P3 and others, and since can’t locate that source of the switch, I wonder if having stats that, as far as I know, are affected by an ability she no longer have, is a bug, or if there’s some other logic in play that justify her having those stats in the end (that once again, are not her base stats).

Sorry, if there’s a clearer way to explain it, I can’t find it, I may just have ran in circles again.

3 Likes

It’s probably intentional. She is better like this. The range does not matter that much imo, but if Kerrigan P3 lost the 30% speed buff from Psionic shift, she would be much weaker.

No the issue is that you’re probably looking at the wiki page, which often has wrong information.

If you check in-game, you’ll see that both P2 and P3 (and any other prestige) that Kerrigan has the following stats:

• Damage 40 (+/- 30 Mastery)
  • Range 3 (regardless of prestige)

So Leap Strike does not actually “passively give +10dmg and -3range” at all. This is likely information for/from campaign that has been misplaced. The in-game description only says “Kerrigan leaps to her target and deals x damage. Can be used to travel quickly without a target.” And just to be sure, nowhere in any of the level 1-15 did I see any mention of alterations akin to your description of what Leap Strike does.

Similarly, Psionic Shift does not reduce the movement by 30% at all in-game. Again, this is more of a campaign thing.

So that’s why I’m super confused on the post. And I figured perhaps you did come across a bug (likely even a display bug), hence the replay. However, it sounds more like it’s just a misunderstanding on a rudimentary level lol.

1 Like

I’ve stated several times the base stats are based on the map editor. Hell I even double-checked every single Kerrigan unit after receiving a suggestion in that sense.

I’m not well versed in the SC2 map editor, but is it possible that the two abilities are actually disjointed from each other? It could be that in the campaign equipping Leaping Strike also tangentially equipped the upgrade that changed her attack. Given they weren’t expecting the player being able to choose the abilities, the upgrade was perhaps hard coded to always be active instead.

Down the line when they added prestige, they likely either didn’t realize that it should have been removed (rather, didn’t notice it was a thing (lots of things added at the time after all)), or decided the consistency/damage of it being there was better for the prestige or player familiarity.

Why do you sound upset?

Your OP literally states you “played with a Kerrigan with range 3” and you believe that is suppose to be “post leap strike”. And you think “that is a bug”.

The fact remains that is literally how Kerrigan is suppose to be… 40dmg and 3range… period. So basically, you saw a coop player playing Kerrigan P3 with the right stats in-game. And you are the only one thinking it’s bugged. The reason you feel it’s bugged because you can’t find the coop Kerrigan in editor.

Now you’re talking about in editor like it’s suppose to be the original source. Why is that so? That’s like saying in-game ladder SCV cost 50min, but you checked the map editor and it is labeled as 40min. Then calling the in-game SCV cost bugged. You see how that’s kind of backwards?

If you can’t find it in editor, it’s obvious that it is you who can’t find it in editor is all. That doesn’t make it a bug.

What makes this super weird is that I’m trying to help you and you sound terribly unhappy lol.

In game, the movement speed, attack damage and range are written in yellow, like when modified by an upgrade (even with no upgrades and off creep), so “something” has to be changing those parameters. And in campaign it was the psionic dash and leaping strike.

2 Likes

That’s from the Epilogue mission.

Yeah, the point was to show I went far to check :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: