Did you know that TL forums doesn't have a rules section?

If they just had a freaking rule set to follow…it wouldn’t be an issue. But they don’t. They straight up deleted their rule section and scrubbed their posting guide clean of any reference to them. Like huge chunks of the thing are missing…

No one has time to read rules. I know they have/had a rule of no balance whining. So a matchup could be at 10% and you wouldn’t even be allowed to suggest there is an imbalance there. Honestly, what kind of person even wants to partake in a forum that hates discussing reality?

I have never gotten any better at Broodwar or SC 2 via reading an opinion on TL. net. If it’s not a math thread or a walling guide thread with pictures, it’s not productive. Only use of tl net is for clicking on twitch streams or following along in a tournament, once in a while.

I got permanently banned from sending PMs because I told someone I had nothing to say to him (in response). That sums up that place. I also got banned before because Idra was upset or something. Imagine that… Idra being upset. Oh god… totally could have avoided that…

Oh I remember those days. Back then TL was even worse. Now they actually let some whine in. Not a lot but a little.

Overall I’d say I’m not a fan of talking sc2 with other people. Everyone seems to be right and there’s no discussion to really be had. Just people stating their bias and calling other people mean names because they can’t handle that someone doesn’t agree with them.

I mean even I’m not immune to doing that and I try to be good about it…like when I mocked you for your Drilling Claw whinge…well, turns out you have a good point. How TF are you supposed to deal with 8 mines running into battle and burrowing in the middle of battle? You either literally insta gib them, run (and take free damage) or lose the game.

I got banned over the most “can’t even remember” reasons because they’re completely made up, yet… they allow people to call me a silver leaguer and every other pejorative known to man.

It’s a dumb place, with dumb people, under the guise of being sophisticated or something. If you’ve lived in Naz i Germany, nothing to learn by going to tl. net.

1 Like

That’s an insult to N Germany. They’re more like Pol Pot’s Cambodia.

1 Like

Another fun TL story from back in the day - TotalBiscuit, back in his SC2 days got beaten pretty badly, and the guy who beat him made a (very) mild thread about it, poking a bit of good-natured fun at him.

TB came in and acted like a complete jerk, insulting the guy and basically calling him a no lifer.

The original poster ended up banned.

At least TL are honest about their bias.

1 Like

That sounds like TL. God bless those neckbeards and they sycophant ways!

Not TL related, though I’ve talked to him on there, but I had a grudge with Crank. Totalbiscuit once tweeted out asking everyone to come watch me get owned by Crank. Only one getting owned, though, was Crank :woman_shrugging:

Hah.

Man, I miss TB. Really great chap for the most part but…wow, he could be really thin skinned at times.

1 Like

I dont enter TL too much to read in 1 thread… ive better things to do. But at least while the rules are overplayed, some people I was reporting for nonsense and stupid trolling here wouldn’t last a day over there.

Good for them. Rules are a joke anyway. Some mod bans you, and is mindlessly backed up by the other mods (who are all his friends, and spend all their time cirlejerking on discord or irc).

They tell you it’s because of the rules, but nah, it’s really because they just don’t like you. Either because of bias, because they’re idiots, or because you are. If the mods like you and agree with your posts, you can break every rule and get a slap on the wrist.

Real life works the same way, by the way. The only reason anyone ever gets “justice” is because the judge doesn’t know you personally. On forums, that’s impossible - the guy that interacts with you every day is the same one who bans you. That’s a situation too inherently fraught with bias to ever be “fair”.

Honestly in real life, bias is still a problem anyway because the judge takes one look at you, decides whether you are trash or not and that pretty much determines the rest of his decision making process. The rest of your time in court after that first snap decision is not about whether he’s going to hand a guilty verdict, it’s a matter of him looking for good ammo to use against you.

At least TL is not hypocritical. I’m not trying to be overly cynical btw, some good judges and mods exist. But look at it realistically. Forum mods don’t even get paid. They’re volunteers. There’s no school or screening process or whatever. So how the hell can you expect them to be any good at their jobs, when even the justice system in the real world has deep structural issues.