Did you know that TL forums doesn't have a rules section?

And will use anything they deem necessary to ban you if they dislike your opinions under the guise of “low quality posts” without citing the post?

It amazes me that it’s used as a hub for official sc2 content as that is a pretty rotten and dirty way of doing things. It also promotes echo chamber-like qualities which is the LAST thing StarCraft 2 needs as a community.

Anyhow point being TL forums are bad and run by crazy, narcissistic elitist [Edited by Blizzard] who ban for not liking what others have to say, even if it’s backed up with logic.

Edit, they kind of have a general FAQ but said FAQ doesn’t include rules and is missing huge sections of content related to rules.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

7 Likes

“this user was warned for this post”

95% of battle.net poster wouldn’t last one day on TL forums

1 Like

I use bnet when I want to whine, reddit when I want to know and TL when I want to discuss. Just use the right forum.

1 Like

TL aint about discussion though, unless your point of view perfectly lines up with the moderator agenda.

Hell, I got banned for 2 days after mentioning how much I hated the new patch, that it was short sighted and then explain why it’s short sighted without attacking any users, the worst I said is that the balance team screwed up and that sc2 hasn’t seen a patch this bad since David Kim. I didn’t even swear.

Within the appropriate section/thread. It’s not like I went to strategy and posted it, nor did I without being asked of my opinion 1st.

I wasn’t even quoted by the mod or linked to any rules I may have missed.

That’s called gate keeping and that shows that TL is empirically a bad forum run by bad faith moderators.

i hate teamliquid, it’s like… here’s a forum, but you can only talk about things we want you to talk about…

and good lord, their power ranking … who comes up with that nonsense, what a waste of life.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

2 Likes

So, a regular forum then?

… i guess you’ve never been to a good forum back in the day… before this PC culture.

and it’s not that i want to be cruel or rude, but my favorite forum was for a music festival, where like minded people could come and talk to each other about pretty much whatever we wanted, i made some really good friends there, i miss it so much.

2 Likes

If by “good” forum you mean one where you can behave as inappropriately as you want without consequences? Been there, done that. Glad its going away.

So surprising who can’t last on tl… /s

It’s a far more intelligent crowd than the bnet forums so it kind of makes sense that they don’t like the whiners,

They also don’t allow a single aviloZerg type poster to dominate the place.

TL moderation is the reason I started posting on the official blizzard forum. That place is a police state compared to other forums I’ve used over the years. I still post there frequently though. Most mods there will tell you the specifics about a ban, and will clarify rules if you ask them via PM. I do sometimes see double standards/favoritism when it comes to moderation though.

Despite the fact that I dont like the way TL is run, I dont think it is a bad forum. Most people there seem to prefer that level and type of moderation. If they like it it’s fine. I prefer blizzard forum’s relative freedom and lack of heavy moderation.

Reddit is by far the worst though

Blizzard forum >> TL >>>>>>>>>>> whine terran logic > reddit

1 Like

i got a life time ban for accusing a player of cheating in the hackers thread and not posting a paragraph describing how obvious it was he was cheating

They moderate how do you write, which is good. A lot of battle.net forum users need several slaps on their face.

I actually don’t mind TL - except for one policy that may no longer exist.

Essentially, if you wanted to suggest a build, you had to prove it’s effectiveness against a moderator by beating them. In a game where they knew what the build was.

Which…naturally is somewhat impossible.

Of course, long time posters were quietly exempt from this requirement…

2 Likes

Ya tl mods can show pretty heavy favouritism and what constitutes acceptable behaviour varies from mod to mod.

I guess now I know the place all the serious SC2 players go to talk about the game.

TL is terrible. They have “strict” moderation rules that supposed to prevent balance whine, while actually 99% of the topics are balance whines.

Some toxic behaviour like bashing players are allowed if they play zerg… They even highlight posts that is just about calling one player a patchzerg. Obivously the only acceptable point of view toward Terran pro-gamer is to worship them.

The quality in TL isn’t really better than on battle net, the whine is just a bit more subtle. The difference is the same that between a democraty (battle.net), and a dictatorship (TL).

1 Like

The part which gets me is that it’s clearly gate keeping when they don’t even have rules. They just make up crap as they go along.

I didn’t even make a complaint thread, someone asked me how my PvT was going so I told them it’s not because the balance team is biased and suck at their jobs. Which they empirically are/do.

I mean you don’t nerf Protoss who isn’t doing so well 3x in one patch without bias or sucking at balance and then buff Terran a whole bunch…the MU was within a 45% win rate.

1 Like

Tl .net is for loser geeks to become admins and feel powerful. It will be the only time in their life they get to not feel like the scum at the bottom of the pond, so let them have their moment of helping to ruin SC.

1 Like

There are no real rules about posting.

There are no real rules about moderation either–enjoy your ban.

It’s over now. I just don’t like getting bopped with a 2 day temp ban with no rules or regulations in place. Like wtf am I supposed to do? Tip toe on egg shells in case a moderator doesn’t like what I have to say?

Reminds me of when I asked people for feedback on my macro there, most people said don;t build 30 gateways, that build sucks.

Well, sorry but I didn’t ask if you liked the strategy…I asked about my macro skills. Thread then gets deleted and I get loser blowback from a frustrated mod telling me to learn how strategy threads on TL work.

Like seriously? What kind of loser goes to a guy saying “Hey guys, how do you like my Ford” and say “Ford sucks, buy a Chevy”.

That’s idiotic.